Naughty WREN in Drug Smuggling shocker!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The_Seagull, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry Seagull, (if it had been a copper, it would have been all over here by now!)

Good find.

2. The 36 year old rating who joined only a few years ago from Angola. Seems the Navy has as many problems with quality recruits as the Army.

whf

3. :lol: :lol:

It'd be straight in the Plod Bashing Thread in the NAFFI mate. :D

I bet she took payment in iPods too! :D

4. Angolan born, that would make her, from Angola, wouldnt it?

5. lot of angolans are of european descent

6. She seems old to still be a junior rating, still at least it wasn't a promising career down the pan. 8)

7. Oh c'mon, the Army recruits are only taking them, not smuggling them in 8)

8. Hmmm...

When the MOD began recruiting from the former commonwealth in order to fulfil quotas the serious crime rate went banzai in a couple of naval bases. I'm guessing, that like those from St Vincent etc, she would not have been security cleared for anything other than an S&S branch (shes a steward).

This is to my knowledge the first crime of it's magnitude and type to affect the forces. Maybe it's coincidental that her background was not what could be described as 'Very British'.

9. That's what puzzles me here, Angola was Portuguese.

10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

True enough, but Angola applied to join the Commonwealth and was accepted - presumably the proximity of RSA, Zim and Kenya had a bearing on their being accepted.

11. Only because its harder to smuggle drugs through KAF and brize lol.

12. Wont discussing this here get the site in shite..sub judice and all that??

Just a thought...

13. It's been in a national Newspaper and besides, I didn't even know Angola was a member of the Commonwealth. :oops:

14. supermatelot wrote
    Threads on pending/current Service related trials, enquiries etc don't usually stand. It has been ARRSE policy for many years.

markintime wrote
    It's been in a national newspaper? That's okay then. :roll: