Naughty boy!!!

Has anyone got a decent letter of mitigation I could get a copy of to change to my needs please? I qualified a few years back but as I was a naughty 18 yr old, getting smashed and robbing some Regtl regalia, which was obviously hilarious at the time, this has come back to bite me on the ar*e! Anything is welcome, cheers.
Qualified as what, first class twat?

I have dealt with a couple of these recently for my CO-one successful, one pending. Firstly you need to put a file together with a copy of your Regimental Conduct sheet, a filled out application form and your letter. the CO then appends a covering letter. See your adjutant for help.

Your letter should set out EXACTLY what happened and any mitigating factors such as youth and any reparations you made. Bear in mind that if alcohol is mentioned anywhere in your charge then you are probably fooked as booze is a big indicator against.

On both the cases I have dealt with the CO took a long hard look at the case to decide if he would recommend and one of them was very touch and go. So be prepared for the CO to decline and then the Medal Board to blow you out of the water.

what's the big deal with getting your LS&GC, you were naughty a long time ago granted, but what difference does it make to you, I'm not having a go just genuinely interested....oh and by the way I've got mine never got caught :)

Qualified as what, first class twat?
what's the big deal with getting your LS&GC, you were naughty a long time ago granted, but what difference does it make to you, I'm not having a go just genuinely interested....oh and by the way I've got mine never got caught :)
No friends no personality.............managed to get mine in a second army!! Got in early......ie: before friends and before my personality!!

just seems to me that people put such a big emphasis on getting the medal, yes it's another medal but i personally don't think it means as much as an operational medal.

Just athought, but if you qualified a few years ago then you have completed 15 years Colour Service without a Regt entry!(after your 18 year old events).

So should apply with your last 15 years not your first 15 years.

I've got 5 but that doesn't matter, what i mean is you actually earn your tour medals, where as this is issued automatically by JPA as long as you have'nt been a naughty boy

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just to clarify the above. My crime was 'absense' which at the time was a non starter in order to obtain the medal. By 'just arrived;' what I meant was that the Chief clerk at the time, just knocked my door and said. " There's a small parcel for you Sir." We both deduced that to have an RSM without the medal was perhaps a bit of an embarrassment; which is a bit unfair to others really!

To be fair mate - the most interesting people in the Mess (RSM's included) are often those who DO NOT have a LS&GC medal! Dont wear it with pride! I'm sure the other mess members enjoy the tale - it makes you a character! Let's face it its the characters in regiments that make it worth while!

To be fair mate - the most interesting people in the Mess (RSM's included) are often those who DO NOT have a LS&GC medal! Dont wear it with pride! I'm sure the other mess members enjoy the tale - it makes you a character! Let's face it its the characters in regiments that make it worth while!
You didn't get one then.