Naturalized French Citizen Killed in Iraq

A naturalized French citizen that had joined the insurgents was killed in an airstrike. There are thought to be more French citizens of islamic faith fighting in Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3944635.stm

French 'rebel' dies in Iraq raid

The US has continued to target Falluja insurgents with air raids
A French citizen has been identified among insurgents killed by US forces in Iraq, a French newspaper reports.
The 19-year-old, named as Redouane, is said to have died in a US air raid on Falluja on 17 July, says Le Figaro.

He is the first French national known to have died fighting against the US-led coalition.

Tunisian-born Redouane, who belonged to an Islamic group in France, is thought to have travelled to Iraq from his home in Paris via Syria earlier this year.

His brother Boubakeur, 21, who travelled with him, was arrested by Syrian officials and remains in custody.

Le Figaro says the radical Islamic group frequented by the brothers was investigated earlier this year in the western Paris suburb of Levallois-Perret.

The paper says its sources know of two other French nationals in Falluja and believe around 10 others have travelled to Iraq. Most are thought to be men of Tunisian origin who had been living in Paris.

The city of Falluja, 50 km (31 miles) west of Baghdad, is out of the control of US or Iraqi government forces.

US warplanes have continued to bomb targets in the city, as part of a campaign against the network of wanted militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - blamed for a wave of violence in the so-called Sunni triangle and elsewhere.

France, which opposed the US-led war against Saddam Hussein, has no troops in Iraq.

"french" and "died fighting" all in one sentence? Boy he really must have had faith!

"airstrike" That good old septic trick of the "smart bomb" enimma.

"more like him", lets hope so; also dead.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
biohazardboots said:
"french" and "died fighting" all in one sentence?

Strange, just what I was thinking......

Tunisian-born Naturalised French citizen Tomahawk.

With a history of belonging to radical Islamic groups , and no doubt was on DGSE's watch list.

Believe me, we have a dislike of the French as much as the next Englishman, but that was the sort of "blurring" post I expect on other forums :wink:

Well Pongo where I come from whether you are native born or naturalized both are citizens. If the opportunity presents itself in the future I will make sure to post whether the individual is either native or naturalized citizen of said country.

Yes, and if in anydoute just blame the french. Lime cordial and all that!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
PartTimePongo said:
Tunisian-born Naturalised French citizen Tomahawk.

With a history of belonging to radical Islamic groups , and no doubt was on DGSE's watch list.

Believe me, we have a dislike of the French as much as the next Englishman, but that was the sort of "blurring" post I expect on other forums :wink:
Wait a moment PTP, it's no more a blurring than when the BBC reports on British citizens being hald at Guantanamo Bay.

And the BBC always tell the truth* !

* As defined by The Glorious Leader

Just hope we'll be seeing this sort of headline referring to one of the 'Tipton Taleban' fairly soon.

I agree Cutaway

The BBC have been doing some fantastic "blurring" lately

Especially on the quotes they've spread round the site on the BW issue.

Then again , clarity of story don't feature high in some editors minds.

ViroBono said:
This will, of course, make life easier when we finally invade.
Judging by the number of Brits who seem to be buying houses in France I think we already are invading.

chimera said:
ViroBono said:
Judging by the number of Brits who seem to be buying houses in France I think we already are invading.
Pave it over. We need more parking! 8O

scalieback said:
chimera said:
ViroBono said:
Could I submit a bid to spare Sohpie Marceau as my personal hostage-plaything?

I might add that fight could be tougher than you anticipate. France has always been more than willing to fight to the last drop of Legion Etrangere blood, after all. 8)

claymore said:
scalieback said:
chimera said:
ViroBono said:
Could I submit a bid to spare Sohpie Marceau as my personal hostage-plaything?

I might add that fight could be tougher than you anticipate. France has always been more than willing to fight to the last drop of Legion Etrangere blood, after all. 8)
Perhaps they will do what 1 REP did in the '60's? Bearing in mind the English speaking mafia therein :)

[quote="scaliebackPerhaps they will do what 1 REP did in the '60's? Bearing in mind the English speaking mafia therein :)[/quote]

Care to enlighten us, SB? :D

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think he means the Putsch of '60.

When 1 REP, (amongst others,) unsucessfully attempted to rid the world of a self-important, jumped-up, lying, tinpot dictator.
But surprise surprise, they were let down/stabbed in the back by frog offrs.
No, not The Glorious Leader, that frog tw@ de Gaulle.

Cutaway said:
I think he means the Putsch of '60.

When 1 REP, (amongst others,) unsucessfully attempted to rid the world of a self-important, jumped-up, lying, tinpot dictator.
No, not The Glorious Leader, that frog tw@ de Gaulle.
Pretty much, that's why the Legion no longer have a 1REP only the Deuxieme Regiment Etrangere Parachutiste