NATO Travel Order

Discussion in 'Officers' started by RustyH, Jan 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the Craig with NATO travel orders? I'm going to India for a two month course and am planning on taking out a machete, however I've just been told I need one of the above.

My problem is I'm on leave a considerable distance from my parent unit, who are also on leave. Can I just phone the nearest unit and get one from them?

Any help is appreciated as I am fast running out of time!

2. You are applying logic to your query. Unfortunately I'll wager it won't work like that. Good luck.
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

NATO travel order and India.

In your own time discuss why this may not work.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Why do you need to take one? Pretty sure the travel order is only for ConUS/Europe only if it's in your bag in the hold who's going to stop you?
  5. Are you speaking in tongues? I'll make assumptions:

Your unit is sending you to India; your unit should supply you with everything you need. Don't bother taking a machete or whatever, it will only cause complications at the airport AND you can buy pretty much everything in India much more cheaply than UK. Plus, as India is not a Partnership for Peace nation (yet), a NATO travel order is useless - not recognised.

Otherwise, great opportunity and make the most of it. Good luck.
  6. What the **** does a machete have to do with a travel order you ******* dribbling mong.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app
  7. Just google NATO and you might learn something.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I always thought a NATO travel order was in lieu of a passport?
    I might be getting it mixed up with something else.

I smell wah

Sent by carrier pigeon using Speckled Jim
  9. Good job we're in the NAAFI. OH no, we're not!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. Dear Editor,

I would like to paint my living room walls white, however i have recently discovered that one of my hands is connected to my left arm. Do you think I should make a sandwich?

Yours faithfully,

• Like Like x 2
  11. I admit the question is odd what with India not connected to the North Atlantic, but as I thought I'd mentioned it was the advice I've been given.

I'm also the only British person on the course and received very limited support from my unit with the admin.

Finally all that abuse and no one picked up I'd written Craig instead of craic.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  12. Oh, by the way, you wrote Craig instead of craic.
  13. Why would an officer be wanting to take a machete to India then? I thought everybody knew that the best way to discipline the sepoys is to hit then in the spleen... :?