• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

NATO Travel Order & Dependants

Would appreciate any help on this matter:

My friends son, serving in Germany, married in Dec 06 and his wife hasn't got round to applying for a Passport (bad admin I know!). They now also have a 4 day old son who has not yet got a Birth Certificate or Passport. I understand that the Birth Certificate is in hand but the Passports will not be sorted in time for them to return to Germany, as a family, this Wednesday!

The question is - can the wife and child travel to Germany on a NATO Travel Order?

Thanks in advance for any help & advice.

No - even if you could get the various immigration authorities to agree, they will still need a recognised form of ID to back up any paperwork that's raised.

That said, I've seen families travel back from Germany with zilch paperwork, just with a piece of paper from the British Frontier Service in Germany; if they still exist, try and contact them for some advice.

Isn't living in the UK great? I can travel around nearly the whole of the EU with no more ID than my German issued ID card, except of course if I am coming from or going to the UK.

Just bung them on the ferry/plane and if anyone gives them any grief just claim asylum from the persecution of being a normal family in the UK. :)

Latest Threads