NATO Travel Order & Dependants

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by theflyinghandbag, Jan 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Would appreciate any help on this matter:

    My friends son, serving in Germany, married in Dec 06 and his wife hasn't got round to applying for a Passport (bad admin I know!). They now also have a 4 day old son who has not yet got a Birth Certificate or Passport. I understand that the Birth Certificate is in hand but the Passports will not be sorted in time for them to return to Germany, as a family, this Wednesday!

    The question is - can the wife and child travel to Germany on a NATO Travel Order?

    Thanks in advance for any help & advice.
  2. B_AND_T

    B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

    Officially No. However I have seen a wife be given one (phnaar phnaar) for a med appt in UK.
  3. Thanks - did think this may be the case. They'll just have to get their admin sorted.
  4. Nope, as you say get there admin sorted!
  5. No - even if you could get the various immigration authorities to agree, they will still need a recognised form of ID to back up any paperwork that's raised.

    That said, I've seen families travel back from Germany with zilch paperwork, just with a piece of paper from the British Frontier Service in Germany; if they still exist, try and contact them for some advice.
  6. Thanks Mover - am going to let them sort their own admin out now that they are grown ups!
  7. If they have the time money and need they can get a same day passport in London. A real pain but if needs must...
  8. Isn't living in the UK great? I can travel around nearly the whole of the EU with no more ID than my German issued ID card, except of course if I am coming from or going to the UK.

    Just bung them on the ferry/plane and if anyone gives them any grief just claim asylum from the persecution of being a normal family in the UK. :)