Nato Soldier Killed in Afghanistan

Breaking News Nato Soldier Killed In Afghanistan
Updated: 12:15, Monday January 15, 2007

One Nato soldier has been killed and several wounded during an operation against militants in southern Afghanistan.

The nationality of the solder had not been released.

Nato said the soldier was killed in a pre-planned operation on an insurgent base.

A Nato statement said: "ISAF troops were conducting an operation in Regional Command-South. ISAF can confirm that, during the course of this operation, one ISAF soldier was killed and several others were injured.

"ISAF soldiers were involved in a pre-planned operation against an insurgent base, when they were engaged from several insurgent positions. Close air support was requested and targeted the insurgents.

"The casualties have all been transported to an ISAF medical facility."

It added: "In accordance with NATO policy, ISAF does not release a casualty's nationality prior to the relevant national authority doing so."

More follows . . .
Source - Sky News

RIP :(

Now confirmed as British. This is MoD:

It is with profound regret that we must today, Monday 15 January 2007, confirm the death of a British serviceman in Helmand province, Afghanistan . Next of kin are in the process of being informed and no further details will be released until that has been completed.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP Fella!

Not again, Rip Fellah, thoughts are with you and you family.

Rest In Peace

RIP to all three lost in the last week.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to those injured or involved.

Another brave soul too soon lost by those who loved him.

Rest In Peace.

My sincere condolences to those who grieve and my thoughts are with all those on operations still doing the business in spite of the loss of their oppos.

Life is eternal; and love is immortal;
and death is only a horizon; and a horizon
is nothing save the limit of our sight.

~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

RIP

This is becoming a depressingly regular occurence. Rest in Peace fella.

Dilfor said:
I think that sums up very nicely what we all feel, Dilfor. Thanks for that.

MsG