NATO Premtive Strike !

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonwilly, Jan 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A nuclear strike to stop nuclear weapons spreading? Ironic ey.

its the end of the world as we know it, nah nah nah nahh
  2. I'm just waiting for Sergey to surface.
    In reality I suppose it's always been on the cards, but Why have they Chosen to highlight it now ?
  3. ...did he whisper it? :D
  4. I would expect to see this in the Sun or Star. I suppose the Guardian is also falling into the gutter.
  5. Wow - what a big news story. A number of miltary men advise that in a nuclear world, the major alliance cannot dismiss the idea of first use of nuclear weapons. They have only re-stated what has been the policy for 40+ years.

The Guardian dressing it up as a knew dangerous threat to world peace. It panders nicely to their readership who will now fret about those nasty violent men in charge of armies. They might as well have included a link to the CND membership renewal page.
  6. A very Realist argument but at the same supporting international institutions like NATO, UN and IMF.
  7. Is this anything to do with the current bully boy actions of Putin? Or just an excuse really start another cold war? Mmmm, I think it has already started.