NATO Parties whilst British soldiers die on frontline

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by the_boy_syrup, Oct 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

2. Well the Euro lads went where they were told to go and did what they were told to do. If anybody needs a good kicking its their governments who won't commit them to the fight. I'm sure they'd get on with it if they were told to do so and I'm also sure that in the same position the Yanks, the Brits, the Ausies etc would be partying as well. It doesn't make it right but you can't point the finger at the party goers.

3. Agreed, but if you've been in Helmand and you get faced with it, it's bound to rile you up. To be fair though, they're keeping the sustaining peace in their areas. It would be nice to see more helping the Americans, Brits, and Canadians down south though. However, since most of the troops speak english and need to make quick communications to coordinate, maybe its better this way after all. What we really need is to get the ANA ready for it. They've been progressing nicely, but slowly.

4. Yes it would rile me and I haven't been to Afganistan. In fact the last time I set foot on in a barracks was 1992 but I'm sure I understand the feeling.

5. Well I haven't even been in a barracks, but like you said, that sort of scenario of seeing drunken partiers in the rear is one that can be imagined.

6. [align=left]IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR[/align]

[​IMG]

7. What are they celebrating-pay day?

8. That looks like "The Blue Oyster" bar in Police Academy.

;)

9. I was just thinking, take the glasses of beer away and that photo doesn't half look ominous!!

Actually, I'm not sure how much mischief making is taking place here, that doesn't half look like the functions room from Combined Endeavor (sic) which is a NATO/PfP interoperability workshops and has lots of social events.

If you say it's KIA then fair enough!!

10. Well before our lads go up country sabotage all the fuses, fridges and tvs and karaoke machines. Or one person to walk up to the tv and play back some of the action.

Mrs armadillo

11. looks like they have the right idea to me !!!
    Its not thier fault that Brit troops are getting shot at and more to the point killing innocent Afagans.
    BRING THEM ALL HOME NOW.
    then we can all have a party ! :D

12. I'm pretty sure that the blokes from the 3 Para BG may have something to say about that. In fact why not pop down in person to Colchester, announce your arrival at the guardroom and the issue you wish to dicuss - cnut!

13. you, are a fcuking O2 thieving cnut. :roll:

14. Cnut!!
    I concur.

Dave