NATO must help Georgia

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skylog, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. NATO must help Georgia against the russian aggression.If Russia sees that NATO doesn't do anything against its expansion,then Russia will go on with all eastern europe countries like Ukraine.The Russians will repeat the imperialism of the Soviet Union if NATO doesn't make opposition

2. Appallingly naive analysis of the situation in Georgia leading to horrendously inept conclusions and recommendations.

Are you David Miliband per chance?

3. Errr sorry old son, we are rather busy at present

4. Georgian Embassy or "concerned citizen"?

I'm sure you've noticed that we're kinda busy right now fighting the 2 wars we already have on the go. Why don't you sit down, take a number and we'll get to you when we can. Maybe 2020? Does that work for you?

5. Ah yes, the 'Domino Theory'.

It's been a while since I heard that.

6. NATO can surely go to Georgia.It has a lot of nations and Ukraine and Georgia are joining the alliance.We can't sit down.This is not preemptive strike,this is self defence.2020?Did you hear about the russian nuclear bomber that entered British space? If we let them continue,maybe in 2020 there will be no UK

7. Err, my Wahcounter seems to flickering an awful lot on this thread...can anyone tell me why?

8. Making things up really won't get you very far. A five year old with a touch of speshul could tell you that a Russian nuclear bomber did not enter British space.
    Should I go check for commies under my bed?

9. Alternatively, there are an awful lot of OTCs who I'm sure would rather fight in Georgia then take exams!

10. Zviad? Is that you?

Your post sounds like a Georgian embassy press release.

Anyhoos, I would hate to think that an impotent Russian president like Dmitry Medvedev would try and make his chops by attacking, invading and occupying a tiny country like yours.

Didn't work work too well with George Bush. But who knows. Those fecking Ruskies are crazy.

11. if NATO doesn't do anything Russia will increase its power very dangerously.Russia recently has resumed tactical bomber flights

12. and now a public announcement; tinfoil hats are available from your nearest civil defense station.

13. Calm down, man.

If Russia wanted to go to war with you, you will be the last one to know.

Blink and you will miss it.

14. news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6957589.stm

15. I am not Georgian.Russia has already occupied Georgia's territory so this is an act of war

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.