NATO must help Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
NATO must help Georgia against the russian aggression.If Russia sees that NATO doesn't do anything against its expansion,then Russia will go on with all eastern europe countries like Ukraine.The Russians will repeat the imperialism of the Soviet Union if NATO doesn't make opposition

Skylog said:
NATO must help Georgia against the russian aggression.If Russia sees that NATO doesn't do anything against its expansion,then Russia will go on with all eastern europe countries like Ukraine.The Russians will repeat the imperialism of the Soviet Union if NATO doesn't make opposition
Appallingly naive analysis of the situation in Georgia leading to horrendously inept conclusions and recommendations.

Are you David Miliband per chance?

Georgian Embassy or "concerned citizen"?

I'm sure you've noticed that we're kinda busy right now fighting the 2 wars we already have on the go. Why don't you sit down, take a number and we'll get to you when we can. Maybe 2020? Does that work for you?

Ah yes, the 'Domino Theory'.

It's been a while since I heard that.

crabtastic said:

I'm sure you've noticed that we're kinda busy right now fighting the 2 wars we already have on the go. Why don't you sit down, take a number and we'll get to you when we can. Maybe 2020? Does that work for you?
NATO can surely go to Georgia.It has a lot of nations and Ukraine and Georgia are joining the alliance.We can't sit down.This is not preemptive strike,this is self defence.2020?Did you hear about the russian nuclear bomber that entered British space? If we let them continue,maybe in 2020 there will be no UK

Err, my Wahcounter seems to flickering an awful lot on this thread...can anyone tell me why?

Skylog said:
crabtastic said:

NATO can surely go to Georgia.It has a lot of nations and Ukraine and Georgia are joining the alliance.We can't sit down.This is not preemptive strike,this is self defence.2020?Did you hear about the russian nuclear bomber that entered British space? If we let them continue,maybe in 2020 there will be no UK
Making things up really won't get you very far. A five year old with a touch of speshul could tell you that a Russian nuclear bomber did not enter British space.
Should I go check for commies under my bed?

Alternatively, there are an awful lot of OTCs who I'm sure would rather fight in Georgia then take exams!

Skylog said:
Zviad? Is that you?

Your post sounds like a Georgian embassy press release.

Anyhoos, I would hate to think that an impotent Russian president like Dmitry Medvedev would try and make his chops by attacking, invading and occupying a tiny country like yours.

Didn't work work too well with George Bush. But who knows. Those fecking Ruskies are crazy.

whitecity said:
Skylog said:
Appallingly naive analysis of the situation in Georgia leading to horrendously inept conclusions and recommendations.

Are you David Miliband per chance?
if NATO doesn't do anything Russia will increase its power very dangerously.Russia recently has resumed tactical bomber flights

and now a public announcement; tinfoil hats are available from your nearest civil defense station.

Calm down, man.

If Russia wanted to go to war with you, you will be the last one to know.

Blink and you will miss it.

ottar said:
Skylog said:
crabtastic said:

Making things up really won't get you very far. A five year old with a touch of speshul could tell you that a Russian nuclear bomber did not enter British space.
Should I go check for commies under my bed?
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6957589.stm

Devil_Dog said:
Calm down, man.

I am not Georgian.Russia has already occupied Georgia's territory so this is an act of war

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Does he mean the country or the septic state? Cos last I heard those cotton farmers were doing alright and the peanut futures market was looking pretty solid.

Trans_Sex, last time you heard, your thumb was up your arrse.

Skylog, if Russia wanted to go to war with Georgia, nobody would stop them. They know it, you know it. Like others said it already, we are rather busy at the moment.

Knowing what I know now, all this seems to be sabre rattling by the Russians and I am willing to bet nothing major will come out of this.

Unless of course Georgia screams "al-Qaeda!!" and then the west will notice.

Till then, just go shopping. Like we did.

After Sept 11.

onSky have you been popping caffeine pills? Russia are using Abkhazia and South Ossetia as a stick to beat The US and EU with! There pissed off with what's happening in Kosovo and really do not like the idea of Georgia joining NATO.
The Russians are using this to make The West out to be a bunch of hypocrites.

ostvic siad:

The Russians are using this to make The West out to be a bunch of hypocrites.
Which, let's face it, they are.

Skylog said:
Devil_Dog said:
Calm down, man.

I am not Georgian.Russia has already occupied Georgia's territory so this is an act of war
No, Russia has kept bases in an area that is Georgian. The same way that we retain bases in Germany...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads