Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have to ask my wife

• Georgia? Where is it? In the USA?

• No

• Total voters
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080430/wl_nm/georgia_russia_nato_dc;_ylt=Amq9EElyfR7jT5zF8KCi_Ytm.3QA

NATO ambassadors discussed escalating tensions between alliance hopeful Georgia and Russia on Wednesday ahead of a meeting with Moscow's NATO envoy.

The regular meetings come after Russia on Tuesday sent extra peacekeeping troops to Georgia's breakaway Abkhazia region to counter what it called Georgian plans for an attack, prompting the European Union to accuse Moscow of stoking tensions.

A NATO spokesman said Georgia would be discussed at both meetings, but declined further comment.

On Monday, NATO ambassadors met Georgian presidential envoy David Bakradze in Brussels. They reiterated support for Georgia and criticized Russian warnings about the possible use of force.

The Russian Bear is playing catch-a-mouse one more time before this one escapes to live with the Lions?

She should try not to get too distracted this one, some of her other cubs might become curious and follow the mouse too... so maybe it's not so much a game, maybe she intends to squash the little mouse as it's distracting all her cubs...

So we can either shoot the mouse, shoot the cubs, shoot the bear or shoot ourselves.

Choices, choices...

The two break-away regions get internationally supervised independence if a referendum shows this to be the wish of the people, provisional on Georgia getting NATO membership without Russian complaint. If all Russia cares about is the rights of the people in the two breakaway regions, and respects Georian sovereignity, it will have no problem with this.

Breaking news a few miniutes ago on BBC World News is that further Russian troops are being added to the build-up on the Georgian border.

Le_addeur_noir said:
Breaking news a few miniutes ago on BBC World News is that further Russian troops are being added to the build-up on the Georgian border.
What BBC does not say is that Georgia was building up its troops on a border with Abkhasia for months now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I The Intelligence Cell 10
Line_Grunt The Intelligence Cell 11
Gas Gas Gas The Intelligence Cell 0