NATO meets on escalating Georgia-Russian tensions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Apr 30, 2008.

?
  1. Yes, Russian bear should be shown his place

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes if our leaders would decide

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rather yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not me, but I support such an action.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I have to ask my wife

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Georgia? Where is it? In the USA?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080430/wl_nm/georgia_russia_nato_dc;_ylt=Amq9EElyfR7jT5zF8KCi_Ytm.3QA

2. The Russian Bear is playing catch-a-mouse one more time before this one escapes to live with the Lions?

She should try not to get too distracted this one, some of her other cubs might become curious and follow the mouse too... so maybe it's not so much a game, maybe she intends to squash the little mouse as it's distracting all her cubs...

So we can either shoot the mouse, shoot the cubs, shoot the bear or shoot ourselves.

Choices, choices...

3. The two break-away regions get internationally supervised independence if a referendum shows this to be the wish of the people, provisional on Georgia getting NATO membership without Russian complaint. If all Russia cares about is the rights of the people in the two breakaway regions, and respects Georian sovereignity, it will have no problem with this.

4. I hear that NATO alliance is a pretty aggressive bunch, I daren't even mention theirn name out loud!

5. Breaking news a few miniutes ago on BBC World News is that further Russian troops are being added to the build-up on the Georgian border.

6. What BBC does not say is that Georgia was building up its troops on a border with Abkhasia for months now.