NATO FIBUA FLAG COLOURS

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by schoolstaffinstructor, Apr 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone confirm the four flag colours

many thanks

2. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

All act as entry/exit points:

Probably wrong, but IIRC:

Red - En
    Green - Clear
    Yellow - Booby traps
    Blue - Cas

3. Is Blue not Booby traps? or has it changed?

4. blue is external agency required (most commonly RE for Boobytraps but extends to female searcher, terp etc)

Yellow is casualty

5. Green is entry point, red is FLOT - I think yellow is casualty and blue for att-CS assets required.

6. Red at entry point till building is cleared, then green, yellow casualty, blue for attached bomb disposal or whoever is required.

7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Always get the yellow/blue mixed up!!!

8. That sounds correct to me. I remember getting debriefed on the red flag and FLOT last time i was at copehill down.

Has this system been used on ops at all? or is it one of those training things they hammer into you that never really gets used?

9. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I haven't heard of it being used in theatre, but I'd have thought that given current doctrine there would be a steady flow of people constantly moving through, so the need for flags would diminish. Personally, I'd like to carry more rounds or grenades in OBUA rather than flags...

Bit of an Eddie Izzard thing though isn't it, Excuse me Mr. Afgan, do you have a flag? No, well we do so it's our country now...

10. I've not seen them used on Op's and from what I've seen, if you need direction a link man is used. It's also probably because the MT is to fcuking tight to give them out of the part 3A's. I would well stick a yellow flag up if I broke down in Helmand.

11. Is spray paint not used?

12. For what?

13. :D :D I can see all the Army's chav and neds racing to get back on tour so they can legally leave their "tags" round Helmand. Respec bruv :p

14. We use cylumes... obviously

15. hell of a lot easier than flags