NATO Command Libya

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by Outstanding, Apr 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As Operation UNIFIED PROTECTOR begins so NATO comes straight in with a fully intergrated and tested Command struture that is capable of completing the task. NATO is now involved in 7 Operational Areas.

2. And not a victory in sight in any one of them!

Why? ...... Because N.A.T.O can only fight with one hand tied behind its back these days, the other hand is tied up with political and legal red tape.

Do you think that Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel Et al would have ponsed around like this in his military desert adventures ?

3. Isn't that the purpose behind the many Joint Force Commands? Is it cos its Friday that I don't understand the purpose of the thread?

4. Well of course not and just look how well it all turned out for him! Or maybe not.

5. I think that may have been because he didn't get on very well with his neighbours...

The Desert Rats!

6. Another 1 April wind-up methinks. Mind you, Outstanding does have a reputation for year-round posts of quite non-outstanding quality.

Hint being underlined...

7. Eh? He was forced to take his own life for conspiring against Hitler. What have the desert rats got to do with it?

8. Air Filter
    "Do you think that Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel would have ponsed around like this in his military desert adventures"

Steven
    "Well of course not and just look how well it all turned out for him! Or maybe not".

Me
    "I think that may have been because he didn't get on very well with his neighbours...

The Desert Rats!

I think the guy was talking about his activities in the desert and not his prancing about Germany trying to plant suitcase bombs in Hitlers meetings. Hence why Fally, I mentioned the desert rats.

9. Bit Harsh, but it was an appropriate date and a NATO Friday too - luckily we aren't at war, well except in ISAF, Libya, Sudan, Persian Gulf, NTM-I, BiH, KFOR and in The Med. Happy days!

10. Correct. We aren't "at war". Anywhere.

We are utilising our military contingency forces to practise a bit of post-colonial uppity wog bashing skirmishes to remind them who's boss.

Going back to your original "straight in" comment. Does NATO measure rapid deployment in weeks rather than hours? The 6th Guards Shock Army would have been in Antwerp by the time Brussels/Mons got agreement to do something. NATO is only marginally more effective with response time than the EU or the UN. That's not something to crow about, except on 1 April perhaps. :wink:

11. 3rd Shock Army?

Unless you're suggesting the GSFG would have time to raise and equip a whole new army in the time it takes for NATO to decide what brand of coffee to have in the meetings, which sounds fairly reasonable on reflection ...

12. Indeed. At least NATO didn't have the indecency to add 'rapid' to the NRF nomenclature.

13. you are right about there is no chance of victory but because there is no actual ajanda to fight for