NationStates - free online thing

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Your_Mums_Pal, Jun 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ARRSE went and did this before (back in 2005 as the thread tells me) but I think it's worth a few of us having a look.

Just created a nation on NationStates called "The Democratic Republic of YourMothersFriend" and so far it's a great laugh. It's not something you need to play every minute of every day. You log in, make a few political decisions based on choices given as 'issues' arise in your country and then when you come back in a few hours time, you see what impact this has had on your country and it's economy or civil rights etc.

It's interesting stuff.

Best part is that you can move your country to join 'regions' which is essentially a continent. So I propose we create (again!) an ARRSE region, get our countries together and get some shit done. Could be a good laugh and an interesting social experiment!

It's deady easy to do.

Here's my page (you can sign up from there): NationStates | The Democratic Republic of YourMothersFriend
  2. Oh, er, if anybody HAS signed up - send me a telegram.

Or click the 'tired of life in [whatever region] and join ARRSE so we can all hang out and have a big sexy love-in.
  3. The Borderlands of Buggritall has been formed! You are welcome to come on holiday. Change you pounds to lots of poontang!
  4. Ill have a look when I'm back from work
  5. The Nomadic Peoples of Goatphuquer has joined ARRSE region. Currency is the Coprolites, so if you have any spare, left over from your holidays perhaps, just drop them off in my poc, erm, charity box.
  6. The Dictatorship of CanniballisticMountainMen has joined ARRSE. =-D
  7. Right, do some stuff, sort your country out and if you want to let me know who you are, send me a telegram.

Join the World Assembly. You can vote on 'global' incidents and stuff.

I then need to pick a senior delegate or whatever to be number 1 in charge of the region.
  8. Im going to be sitting here busy designing an MBT for my nation now
  9. The Armed Republic of Monkey Spackers has arrived.
  10. Tinman74, lets take the world
  11. The Commonwealth of Reviresco has joined. So whats the local equivalent of Poland and when are we invading?
  12. We'll get sorted with invasions later.

If you click on 'ARRSE' on the left when you're logged in there's a regional talk box.

I'll stick some shite in there.
  13. Gentlemen Thugs have arrived. Might there perchance be a hostelry where we can prevail upon the local ladies to remove their decollétage from its corsetry for the delectation of the gentlemen present.
  14. The Constitutional Monarchy of Dick splash

Crime is a problem. Dick splash's national animal is the golden labrador, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the biscuit.
  15. Smudge,

Go to the 'region' thing - the bit that says 'something Pacific'

Then click "tired of life in whatever Pacific"

then search for ARRSE and join us.

I'll sort it all out and make it funnier when I have the patience and time.