Nationality=UK?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by nodigitsever, Aug 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. as that is what it says I am on the Electoral Roll registration form I received today

I don't even think UK is a Nationality is it?

2. Must be, as it's a nation, or group of.

3. It's to do with electoral legislation. You have to be a British citizen (or Commonwealth or Irish citizen living in the UK) in order to vote in UK parliamentary elections. Being English or Scottish etc is irrelevant for that purpose.

4. Surely if your "English or Scottish etc" you are eligible?

5. BRITISH! It is fecking British...

6. You are a British citizen (of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). You might also hold another nationality if you naturalised as British.

7. msr

msr LE

British by birth, English by the grace of god.

8. As we are already stuck with EU passports it won't be long before we are referred to as European Unionists Or more likely Unionists European as the EU is only the EU here and the Community European everywher else

9. He can be very cruel I know...

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Who cares? Civil Servants can call me Patagonian. They can call me Ethel Merman if it'll make them happy. I know what I am.

11. A Central American Fish-man??

12. As a lot of Patagonians are of Welsh ancestry it's definitely better than being a European. I'm afraid I'm too old to change from being British so all the politicians in the world can do their worst. I'm British.

13. Great British, Old Bean. One must at least try to instill a sense of pride into one's posts. 'British' just doesnt quite cut it..

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Ethel Merman did not stink of fish you poltroon. She was a LADY. Like what I am at weekends.

You busy this Sunday afternoon?

15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Nationality? What facking nation are we talking about any facking way? Would that be the one that is a mere sub-district of the European Union, or the 52nd state of septicland?

We have not been a nation for 60 years FFS.

aaaand breathe.