National Treasures

We have quite a few of them now, form Judy Dench to Stephen Fry. I was just reading an article in the Grauniad about Timothy Spall and he was described as being on the verge of becoming a national treasure.
Who do you think of as a potential National Treasure of the future, and is there anyone who you think missed out on the accolade?

I would nominate Sheridan Smith for her range of work in comedy and drama on both screen and stage, as a future treasure. (And because she has great tits and she's from Yorkshire).

Richard Griffiths, did he make it or not? ( Withnail and I, Pie in the Sky and The History Boys).

If they are national treasures does that mean we can put them in a big wooden box and then bury them on a desert island and promptly lose the map?

Good plan.

Timothy Spall was on a chat show last night. He got a few laughs but he mentioned that he had survived cancer. The way he described both the effect of the illness and the effect of his surviving it put some perspective on things in life from his point of view. It was both understandable and educational.

I certainly rate him quite highly.

Last edited:
Sir Peter of Leeds for thinning out Northern whores.

I think the Fry bloke may have toppled off the National Treasure list after boasting about snorting white powder at the palace. Plus he's become a bit boring of late.

OK delete Fry.
Insert Laurie.
Or Julie Walters

David Mitchell gets my vote. Nobody does repressed, middle class rants quite like him.
Plus he's married to Vicky Corren so he's a dark horse beneath that facade.

I nominate this chap...

motorhead_dude.jpg

:)

Rodney2q

Actors, comedians and other bores can't be so classified. Attenborough can, in company with Paxo and possibly Clarkson and Liddle. Hislop?

Whoever binned Ishtars account.

snigger.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Actors, comedians and other bores can't be so classified. Attenborough can, in company with Paxo and possibly Clarkson and Liddle. Hislop?

Michel Palin

Gold Reserves?
Oh sorry, what was I thniking.

Stephen Fry is a ex-con drug addict who was frankly embarassing the other night when he was on Graham Norton, name dropping and telling some bizarrely morbid stories. Literally drained the fun out of the show every time he opened his mouth. He was funny in Blackadder, and undoubtedly a good actor from things like Jeeves & Wooster - but just because he hosts QI (a scripted & researched show) people assume he has some sort of sage like wisdom.

The bloke who chased me down the street the other night to give me my wallet that I'd left in the pub complete with £ couple 100.

The fact that he was twice my size, interestingly adorned with crap tats and it was a poorly lit area induced a certain palpitation in my hoop.

Good on ya fella.

Latest Threads