• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

National Teams or International Teams?????

When is the Enagland national team circus going to end. To be in the England Team you have to be english? No you have to play in the league for 4 years. What a heap of t0ss, when are the authorities going to realise the mockery this makes of national sport. I'm sure Ronaldo has an English sheep dog can he play???

Spanglish Keeper!

hurrahfortheRE said:
When is the Enagland national team circus going to end. To be in the England Team you have to be english? No you have to play in the league for 4 years. What a heap of t0ss, when are the authorities going to realise the mockery this makes of national sport. I'm sure Ronaldo has an English sheep dog can he play???

Spanglish Keeper!
Your a bit silly are you not. He will qualify to play for England because he will be a naturalised English citizen, due to him woking and living in England for the qualifying period the Home Office dictates, nothing to do with playing in the league for 4 years. Also, because he has not played for his own country, this would also qualify him. Carlo Cudicini of Chelsea could also qualify as he is now a naturalised English citizen, but does not want to.

Gregg Rudzedski, Zola Budd, and that SA cricketer not ring any bells with you?

Clerk_of_Jerks said:
But this is a rare case. Once you have represented your (any) country at under 21 level or above I don't think it's as easy to change your allegance.
If you have only played 1 game at under 21 it doesn't count. Ryann Giggs played once for England at under 21. If you play more than 1 game then you cannot play for another international side. Hence the Irish FA making full use of "grand-parent" rights

Does this mean if I was any good at football, I could play for Scotland, England, Nothern Ireland or Germany, I've lived and worked in those places for more that 4 years?

drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:

Spanglish Keeper!
Your a bit silly are you not. He will qualify to play for England because he will be a naturalised English citizen, due to him woking and living in England for the qualifying period the Home Office dictates, nothing to do with playing in the league for 4 years. Also, because he has not played for his own country, this would also qualify him. Carlo Cudicini of Chelsea could also qualify as he is now a naturalised English citizen, but does not want to.

Im a bit dubious of this and it will open the flood gates and could eventually have an Arsenal like team of no actual National born players in the squad. Understand your point of the previous sport personalities and realise that we forget about the likes of Kevin Pietersen when England cricket are doing well and Zola Budd. I dont think that any player who isnt registered as English should be able to play (that gives my 8 year old son a chance to play for England who was born in Cyprus at the MRS) as if we did manage to in all youd hear from the Sweaties is you havent done it with English players.

Im a bit dubious of this and it will open the flood gates and could eventually have an Arsenal like team of no actual National born players in the squad. Understand your point of the previous sport personalities and realise that we forget about the likes of Kevin Pietersen when England cricket are doing well and Zola Budd. I dont think that any player who isnt registered as English should be able to play (that gives my 8 year old son a chance to play for England who was born in Cyprus at the MRS) as if we did manage to in all youd hear from the Sweaties is you havent done it with English players.

or Manager!

hurrahfortheRE said:

or Manager!
I would rather have an English manager but dont think it matters as much compared to having a non English born player in the team, there the ones at the coal face.

hurrahfortheRE said:
Does this mean if I was any good at football, I could play for Scotland, England, Nothern Ireland or Germany, I've lived and worked in those places for more that 4 years?
You could play for an international side if you have relatives that link you to that country....thats how Ireland get most of their side. Also, if you was to be a naturalised citizen of a country and had not played for any other international side then you could play for Germany. Hargreaves for instance could have played for canada (country of birth), England (parents are from here) or Germany, (where he could be a naturalised citizen had he chosen to become one)

The_IRON said:
drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:

Spanglish Keeper!

Im a bit dubious of this and it will open the flood gates and could eventually have an Arsenal like team of no actual National born players in the squad. Understand your point of the previous sport personalities and realise that we forget about the likes of Kevin Pietersen when England cricket are doing well and Zola Budd. I dont think that any player who isnt registered as English should be able to play (that gives my 8 year old son a chance to play for England who was born in Cyprus at the MRS) as if we did manage to in all youd hear from the Sweaties is you havent done it with English players.[/quote]

Now, now IRON don't get all nationalist on us :wink:

We aren't squecky on this one either, Nigel Quashie immediately springs to mind.

Its all over sport, Lennox Lewis, another GREAT British champion? :?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If you feel that any of the useless chavs who play soccer for England represent you then frankly there is not much help for the place!

The point I am making is should you be allowed to play for a country that you're not from,

Fck naturalised or my granny had a scottish terrier rubbish there needs to be a line drawn.

To play, manage or coach a national team you MUST be of that nationality. I'm sure drain sniffer might be happy for Jaun Pablos Rameriez Schumacher to play for england if he was NATURALISED but it doesn't make it right.

hurrahfortheRE said:
The point I am making is should you be allowed to play for a country that you're not from,

Fck naturalised or my granny had a scottish terrier rubbish there needs to be a line drawn.

To play, manage or coach a national team you MUST be of that nationality. I'm sure drain sniffer might be happy for Jaun Pablos Rameriez Schumacher to play for england if he was NATURALISED but it doesn't make it right.
Im not too happy about it, but its the LAW you friggin dimwit....jesus..stand well back from football mate, its clearly an issue for you..

as has been said, was you happy with Lennox Lewis (from Jamaica), or perhaps with crickett (Mark Ramprekash), how about the England rugby team????, now what was his name....ahhh yes Mike Catt (a South African by birth)..

drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:

Im not too happy about it, but its the LAW you friggin dimwit jesus..stand well back from football mate, its clearly an issue for you..

as has been said, was you happy with Lennox Lewis (from Jamaica), or perhaps with crickett (Mark Ramprekash), how about the England rugby team????, now what was his name....ahhh yes Mike Catt (a South African by birth)..
Now then SH1t Lips no need to get personal, and to answer your question no I wasn't happy about it, but you are looking through chelski tinted glasses where football is a business not a game.

Look at the damage Chelsea and Arsenal have done to english football by buying success with foreign players. Thats why England are trying to buy success with 6.5 million for a foreign manager and now foreign players!!!

Give youself a shake you ignorant tw@t!

hurrahfortheRE said:
drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:

Im not too happy about it, but its the LAW you friggin dimwit jesus..stand well back from football mate, its clearly an issue for you..

Now then SH1t Lips no need to get personal, and to answer your question no I wasn't happy about it, but you are looking through chelski tinted glasses where football is a business not a game.

Look at the damage Chelsea and Arsenal have done to english football by buying success with foreign players. Thats why England are trying to buy success with 6.5 million for a foreign manager and now foreign players!!!

Foreign players in the Premiership have added value to it, not all good granted, but they have raised the standard. You seem to forget that in the 70's England failed to qualify for 2 tournaments...not too many foreigners around then (unless you count Scottish and Welsh)

As for trying to buy success with a foreign manager, name one good English one (because we are behind the curve with our coaching, but thats a different matter). Sam Allerdyce? a name touted around last time. Doing well with Newcastle isn't he! The fact is, the game has moved on, and we (the English) need to go along with it. No one has said that Almunia will even get picked..he has just made himself available, as he has the LEGAL ability to do so...its not hard....its not even to do with football

As an example, lets say you move to Australia. After so many years, you can apply for citizenship. You can then play for Australia at any sport you so wish. You could even serve in their Army...

I don't understand why you are getting so exited about this. It happens in every sport and in every walk of life

now who is ignorant? At least I understand the subject I am gobbing off about

drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:
drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:

Foreign players in the Premiership have added value to it, not all good granted, but they have raised the standard. You seem to forget that in the 70's England failed to qualify for 2 tournaments...not too many foreigners around then (unless you count Scottish and Welsh)

As for trying to buy success with a foreign manager, name one good English one (because we are behind the curve with our coaching, but thats a different matter). Sam Allerdyce? a name touted around last time. Doing well with Newcastle isn't he! The fact is, the game has moved on, and we (the English) need to go along with it. No one has said that Almunia will even get picked..he has just made himself available, as he has the LEGAL ability to do so...its not hard....its not even to do with football

As an example, lets say you move to Australia. After so many years, you can apply for citizenship. You can then play for Australia at any sport you so wish. You could even serve in their Army...

I don't understand why you are getting so exited about this. It happens in every sport and in every walk of life

The subject is you should be English to play or England which you are saying is wrong. It's not rocket science.

hurrahfortheRE said:
drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:
drain_sniffer said:
hurrahfortheRE said:

The subject is you should be English to play or England which you are saying is wrong. It's not rocket science.

That is not what I have said, and this clearly is rocket science for you. I have said, that he is within his legal right to play, not that he should or would, and that it happens in every other sport and walk of life. I have not expressed an opinion as to whether he should play. What about Mike Catt, you have conveniently ignored that bit. Support him during the World cup did you?.....You really do find this difficult don't you

My advice..understand a subject before spouting off on it

Latest Threads