National Teams or International Teams?????

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by hurrahfortheRE, Dec 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When is the Enagland national team circus going to end. To be in the England Team you have to be english? No you have to play in the league for 4 years. What a heap of t0ss, when are the authorities going to realise the mockery this makes of national sport. I'm sure Ronaldo has an English sheep dog can he play???

Spanglish Keeper!

2. Your a bit silly are you not. He will qualify to play for England because he will be a naturalised English citizen, due to him woking and living in England for the qualifying period the Home Office dictates, nothing to do with playing in the league for 4 years. Also, because he has not played for his own country, this would also qualify him. Carlo Cudicini of Chelsea could also qualify as he is now a naturalised English citizen, but does not want to.

Gregg Rudzedski, Zola Budd, and that SA cricketer not ring any bells with you?

3. But this is a rare case. Once you have represented your (any) country at under 21 level or above I don't think it's as easy to change your allegance.

4. But the point is he's not feckin English!

5. Neither is the manager

6. If you have only played 1 game at under 21 it doesn't count. Ryann Giggs played once for England at under 21. If you play more than 1 game then you cannot play for another international side. Hence the Irish FA making full use of "grand-parent" rights

7. Does this mean if I was any good at football, I could play for Scotland, England, Nothern Ireland or Germany, I've lived and worked in those places for more that 4 years?

8. Im a bit dubious of this and it will open the flood gates and could eventually have an Arsenal like team of no actual National born players in the squad. Understand your point of the previous sport personalities and realise that we forget about the likes of Kevin Pietersen when England cricket are doing well and Zola Budd. I dont think that any player who isnt registered as English should be able to play (that gives my 8 year old son a chance to play for England who was born in Cyprus at the MRS) as if we did manage to in all youd hear from the Sweaties is you havent done it with English players.

9. Double post!

10. Im a bit dubious of this and it will open the flood gates and could eventually have an Arsenal like team of no actual National born players in the squad. Understand your point of the previous sport personalities and realise that we forget about the likes of Kevin Pietersen when England cricket are doing well and Zola Budd. I dont think that any player who isnt registered as English should be able to play (that gives my 8 year old son a chance to play for England who was born in Cyprus at the MRS) as if we did manage to in all youd hear from the Sweaties is you havent done it with English players.

or Manager!

11. I would rather have an English manager but dont think it matters as much compared to having a non English born player in the team, there the ones at the coal face.

12. You could play for an international side if you have relatives that link you to that country....thats how Ireland get most of their side. Also, if you was to be a naturalised citizen of a country and had not played for any other international side then you could play for Germany. Hargreaves for instance could have played for canada (country of birth), England (parents are from here) or Germany, (where he could be a naturalised citizen had he chosen to become one)

14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you feel that any of the useless chavs who play soccer for England represent you then frankly there is not much help for the place!

15. The point I am making is should you be allowed to play for a country that you're not from,

Fck naturalised or my granny had a scottish terrier rubbish there needs to be a line drawn.

To play, manage or coach a national team you MUST be of that nationality. I'm sure drain sniffer might be happy for Jaun Pablos Rameriez Schumacher to play for england if he was NATURALISED but it doesn't make it right.