national TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by davenport, May 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. im with a national TA unit, recently done my matts and it was suggested i get some additional weapon handling training. It's some distance to my unit, it was suggested that i find my local TA centre and get some additional training there...

    anyone know if this can be done?

  2. msr

    msr LE

    Yes, but you had better arrange it between your Training Major or Adjt and the local unit's.

  3. thanks msr, it was suggested i speak with him, to be honest i would look forwards to it if it could be arranged.

  4. National TA ? - next on the list
  5. Doubt it. Our bit was described in the Review as being the role model for the future - or words to that effect.

    Bringing your civvy skills to the party - and using them - saves MoD money. As does only having to exchange your kit on change of uniform (Over the course of 28 years, kit exchange due to deterioration - 3 pairs boots, 3 pairs trainers, two pairs trousers - the latter due to snagging on Landrover door handles). ;)