National service

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mooch, May 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are the British army doing enough to recruit new troops or are we going to be left with a depleated force?

Do you feel that enlist'ment of our scraggy teenagers is in order to get our numbers up, and make real men of the retrobates that run the streets?

Is national service a good thing for our country?

Would this action make our armed forces better or worse?

Please add your arguments for and against.

2. you are a stinking civvy, no one wants your opinion in here

[​IMG]

3. Suppose that some sort of National service should be in place. If not regular service, all school leavers will need to do 2-3 years in the TA even.

Problem with national service is you will get lots more mongs, as most would not want to be doing service, therefor the British Army becomes less renowned as one of the best armies in the world.

Recruitment is pretty poor, not enought recruitment offices and not sellin the Army as well as it could be.

4. I believe some sort of National Service should be apdopted here in the US. Give some youth some sort of direction. Granted, not all will benefit, however some will and that is better than nothing.

5. Not all civvies stink CC! :cry: I smell of sugar & spice & all things nice! :D

6. and my farts apparently DO smell of roses, well, more like i shat a rose bush after i attacked the bog with air freshner!

7. :oops: :oops: guess who was bladdered last night?

8. Bloody Liar DB!!!!

You stink of Vodka vomit and Singas ladyboy spunk!!!!

:lol: :wink: :twisted: :D

9. The Mooch

Attached Files:

10. DD! 8O
    I do NOT vomit (well, not since my weekend of mass over-indulgence in November :oops: ) & as for ladyboy spunk, it's you, Fishy & Cuts who keep telling me about them being here: I have no first-hand knowledge as I don't frequent THAT sort of place! :wink: :p

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Back to the topic:

Unfortunately those who could benefit the most fron NS have no comprehension of military life, all they see is what they percieve of military life- Ultimate FARCE and Bad Lads.

I deal daily with youths who would benefit immensly from some military guidance but are beyond saving and its their loss. Feltham YOI beckons for them all, and for that I am sad for them.

12. J_D

J_D LE

National service should be brought back. Kids lack the respect and discipline these days.

Bang them up and teach them a lesson.

Least that way the Armed forces would never lack ratings.

13. National service worked many years as the new recruits had the shite scared out of them, or should I say they were encouraged to do what they were told.

In this day and age, when the forces are under more scrutiny, there is no chance of disiplining people who cannot be disiplined. People need the join the forces by choice, at least they will have been told to expect a little hardship.

The Forces should not be made a dumping ground by the government for the Chav population we have. This would really be an expensive mistake and it would disrupt the training of recruits who want to be in the forces.

If people did get "dicked" to do NS, all they would have to do is refuse to do anything, they would end up getting kicked out. With todays Human rights issues, it would be very hard for any government to re-introduce NS.

Overall it is a very bad idea.

14. Hit the nail right on the head there ducati!
    Pity though. Theres an awful lot of young people out there that would benefit from it, albeit not wanting to at the time. What harm has it done to the previous generations? None. Majority have come through as heroes. As in all trades, theres always one.........

(In a Muttley type laugh)
    he he he :wink:

15. Your mum stinks of fish.