National Service for Failed Asylum Seekers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Myss, Jan 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No joke, Blair is hoping to pull the voters with this one - according to the Express, Wed 5 Jan:

Can't see him getting fair this one getting far without the feet of some pc brigade charging in. Oh well - good idea on paper perhaps....

2. Can't see him getting far on the basis of the unemployed/long term sick etc...................us old people recognise sh1t when we see it 8)

3. Smashing idea, to be implimented after the election obviously. When the first challenge by Europe would blow it clean out of the water.

Much to our Tone's relief.....

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Surely easier to deport these failed asylum seekers, or better still, have a robust immigration system that doesn't allow them in in the first place.

5. I think that making failed Asylum Seekers do a term of National Service is a damn' good idea.

So long as they do it in their Country of origin & don't come back.

6. They are failed asylum seekers and there have failed to gain a foothold in British soceity. Why keep them for longer than is neccesary.
    It is slowing the process for those that need it.
    SK

7. Failed MEANS failed, that being said whats the point of making them do a months national service, What are they gonna become within a time span of a month. and if they have failed why give them a second/third/forth/fifth etc... chance.
    Boot them out of the country where they are just a drain on resources for the police,and the tax payer.The money can be used on more worthy needs.
    If i had my way they wouldnt have even got into the country in the first place!!

Mount a couple of GPMG nests on the entrance to the channel tunnel, then after the first mass culling lets see who wants to join the land of the soft touch then!!

8. Maybe we can use them as Kapo's and put them on an incentive plan.

The more you stop coming in, the more chance you yourself have of staying here.

That suggestion, is as nonsensical as the proposal the Government are putting together.

What the hell are they smoking in the corridors of power?

9. If you find out, can I have some too, might make the UK more appealling than it already isn't :evil: