Do you support the Rail Strike?

• Yes

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 129 70.5%
  • Can't be bothered

Votes: 25 13.7%

• Total voters
Barristers are next to down tools, apparently.

Given how unfit for purpose the legal system is on a good day, one wonders how long it will take before anyone notices. :rolleyes:
On the news here now wanting 15% uplift for a “functioning criminal justice system”.

Aiy OK, if you call it functioning, Ambulance Chasing, No Win No Fee leeches, my hearts bleed for them!

It does seem however, all these legal people are now leeching into Corporate Contracts turning it into a nightmare of overly risk adverse “legal science” which is making the large corporations unable to do business with small to medium enterprises.

They invented their own spaghetti language that is completely unnecessary just to prop themselves up. I hope the cows come home.

On the news here now wanting 15% uplift for a “functioning criminal justice system”.

Aiy OK, if you call it functioning, Ambulance Chasing, No Win No Fee leeches, my hearts bleed for them!

It does seem however, all these legal people are now leeching into Corporate Contracts turning it into a nightmare of overly risk adverse “legal science” which is making the large corporations unable to do business with small to medium enterprises.

They invented their own spaghetti language that is completely unnecessary just to prop themselves up. I hope the cows come home.
One of them was just on NW news, very unconvincing of the poverty that barristers live in. The presenter certainly didn't buy it, I don't think she (the barrister) believed it herself.

Unfortunately the money that could have given them a raise got spent on various “human rights”, how deliciously ironic.

TractorStats

War Hero

Its criminal barristers that are striking not commercial barristers who do get paid a lot. Commercial barristers get paid millions after they make QC and are very decently paid before that. People don't understand criminal barristers really get paid in the order of 10% of that of a commercial barrister of similar standing and for a newly qualified criminal barrister its way below average national wage.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No, because you, an allegedly adult of the species used the word "literally".

Fair point, well presented, old boy. I can offer no excuses. :(

If you'll excuse me, I'll finish off the bottle of Single Malt and retire to the Mess with this,

R (45).jpg

ugly

LE
I had to travel to Manchester for a one hour meeting with the company solicitor who was putting the brakes on a contract we had won!

It took 3 hours to convince them that our liability was limited and well below the profit margin available
In the end because the rail authority changed the possession regime to one off blockades we lost the contract which was 90% enabling work based over a series of weekend blocks for months and now they have a clean sheet to rip out and build new from scratch
My boss commented that the solicitor probably charged more than the profit we never made!

Last edited:

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I had to travel to Manchester for a one hour meeting with the company solicitor who was putting the brakes on a contract we had won!

It took 3 hours to convince them that our liability was limited and well below the refit margin available
In the end because the rail authority changed the possession regime to one off blockades we lost the contract which was 90% enabling work based over a series of weekend blocks for months and now they have a clean sheet to rip out and build new from scratch
My boss commented that the solicitor probably charged more than the profit we never made!

En anglais, mons ami, s'il vous plait

My friend Shoaib who left Kabul some 25 years ago (the hard way) slept in his cobblers & dry cleaners shop for three nights last week – because he couldn’t afford to lose the takings.

Mick Lenin obviously doesn’t give a shit about the self-employed working class.

Mick Lenin obviously doesn’t give a shit about the self-employed working class.
Those that call the shots, sign the cheques, and formulate the laws, rules and statutes, couldn't give a toss about the working class's, why should they, they are at the top of the totem pole, as long as they get what they want, which is power and money, the rest of the faceless poor working tax paying mugs can go F@uk themselves.

The french had the right idea in 1789, as did the Romanians in 1989, and its about time the UK had a clear out.
End of rant....await incoming...3..2..1...

Those that call the shots, sign the cheques, and formulate the laws, rules and statutes, couldn't give a toss about the working class's, why should they, they are at the top of the totem pole, as long as they get what they want, which is power and money, the rest of the faceless poor working tax paying mugs can go F@uk themselves.

The french had the right idea in 1789, as did the Romanians in 1989, and its about time the UK had a clear out.
End of rant....await incoming...3..2..1...

Now, now, you're starting to sound like me. I do the pseudo-nationalist rants advertising on here.
Demarcation, bruv, init.

ugly

LE
I suspect that they would be too busy posting selfies of themselves in the storming parliament riot to actually do any protesting at all

I suspect that they would be too busy posting selfies of themselves in the storming parliament riot to actually do any protesting at all

Anyone who wants to storm Parliament better get a bloody move on before everyone inside buggers off on their summer holidays. Politician's holiday allowances would make a teacher blush. ;)

TamH70

MIA
I know it's French in origin, but..'To the barricades!'

Urgh! Tomathy Hooper! Set sound! You cruel person!

This is how it should be done, with the orchestra driving the song rather than the bloody singers: