National Insurance on Pension and commutation

GrandadsMOB

War Hero
Thanks. I looked there. But I think I'm happy (not the right word!) that I know why they've docked what they have.

You will get it eventually. They have binned the "contracted out" part of NI so everyone will get the full 155 but it will take 35 years (ish).
Ah I understand now I just need to work another 25 years - that will make me 90 don`t know if I will last that long

Archie

pie.thatcher

Old-Salt
Correct, I carried on working until I was 67, but from my 65th birthday my national insurance contributions stopped. When I left at 45 I commuted the max, then at 55 my pension was indexed linked. But that was under the 75 rules, dont know if it changed. But at the ripe old age of 70 I consider myself very comfortably off.

If you have a Occupational pension you will not get £155 not matter how many years contribution you have.

I have over 43 year contributions - how ever because I will have my 22 year forces pension and 18 years local government pension I will only get £119 a week

The £155 weekly pension is a con

Archie
Well I have now started to draw my old age pension now £139.12 so still not the £155 as publicised

I await the disagree from the expert @Bravo_Bravo

Archie

Last edited:

retired_taz

War Hero
Well I have now started to draw my old age pension now £139.12 so still not the £155 as publicised

I await the disagree from the expert @Bravo_Bravo

Archie
A lot depends if you opted out of serps etc, I get £175 per week state pension on top of my mil pension, as serps was taken into consideration until I believe 1975 when we were all removed from it, so my 10 years of contributions to it counted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Threads