National Guard recruiting video

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Aug 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Well, its not really 'us' is it?

I mean, I can't really see the moody action-sequences being played-out on the streets of Pompey for example?

Couple of chavs looking whistfully at each other and thinking 'You da man!'

Nah... :p
  3. .....bit gay innit :twisted:
  4. God bless America and all who sail in her!

How very gay.
  5. oh dear...
  6. My national guards dad could totally kick their nationals guards dad.

Only in Americaland.
  7. I can just see the TA version now, nice and dramatic.

Fat old men bumbling through the open door ways onto the top of the Hostages having an ND into their foot.

A dramatic scene of them carrying a flag draped coffin - in CS95.

In a sepia tone a man solemly stacks blankets, wiping the sweat from his brow.

In a black and white dramatic action music moment a man laminates his biff chit and watches as his Platoon sets off on a CFT with him at the wayside.

We could do this you know.
  8. I can't see It, I just get, This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.
  9. Over the top advertising targeted towards a surprise, surprise-American audience.

We deploy National Guard units up to Brigade Size and Division HQ's to both Iraq & Afghanistan in their intended roles as well as FP. Some 60% of the National Guard has had Operational Tours, for Combat Arms units that number is substantially higher. AFAIK, all ARNG Infantry units have deployed since 2001.
  10. Ugh! :wink: Nasty Guard :p They are nearly as adept at chest thumping as the Jarheads. :roll: :wink:
  11. MSR, I really really thought when they played this a fortnight ago and you stood up to ask their under under under secretary something that it was going to result in us (the UK party) being asked to leave the building; you probably didn't notice the remainder of your delegation cringing and hiding under chairs... However your question was quite mild compared with the following one by the Colonel with us! :-D
  12. msr

msr LE

And she couldn't answer his either ;)
  13. Good patriotic flag flying proud of your country and proud to serve video, yes only in USA, cause we would not be allowed to?
  14. Watched the ad. While I'm always up for some moody Complaint Rock, msr, I'm a bit confused as to why you posted this.

Was it to point out that Yankee advertising execs reckon that taking a pop at the Brits (as shown in the video) still has enough appeal as a noble endeavour to get the Yanks of today to join up?

Was it to highlight the irony that an advertisement for what is now an organisation whose main job is conducting counter-insurgency warfare likes to hark back to, and laud, its insurgent origins?

The ad is hypocritical and dumb. Couldn't the same ad, maybe slightly tweaked (featuring an heroic someone from Birmingham UK, perhaps, rather than Birmingham AL; and minus the Hurricane Katrina bits but with more beards), be used to recruit Terry T?

Would you like to know more? See here.
  15. Well if Delta Force have The Unit then I suppose the NG are entitled to their cut of ham.