National Defence Medal - Please Support!

Discussion in 'NOW That's What I Call ARRSE 1' started by Blanco_And_Dubbin, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon!

I hope some of you will be interested in the following websites which give some information about the on-going campaign for the award of a UK National Defence Medal and, furthermore, feel that you can support the campaign. I'm sure all will agree that it is an absolute disgrace that Australian servicemen (amongst others in the Commonwealth) are recognised for their service whilst British veterans have to do with out! The striking of a medal would be a small price to pay for the country to recognise all those who have served and yet have nothing to show for their dedication - including, but not limited to, the many National Servicemen who served with honour and courage for NO REWARD!

http://nationaldefencemedal.webs.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_National_Defence_Medal

http://www.britishcoldwarveterans.co.uk/news.asp

Thank you for your time and interest.

2. bore off. So you didn't get a medal. And what are you on about NO REWARD. You got paid and a nice pension didn't you?

3. oh god. Waiting for more Hankies to get soaking wet over ive not got a medal. I hope the Govt tell you to shove it.

4. Here we go again

No, No and Thrice NO

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :x

5. thought this had died a death

6. FUCKOFF.

7. Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that response. I'm sure we can do without the foul and abusive language thank you very much.

I was hoping that people would see fit to support their older comrades but it seems by the responses so far that I was wrong. Here's hoping that you're a small and somewhat childish minority.

And before you indulge in personal abuse, may I remind you that I was also a soldier and am probably old enough to be your Grandfather.

8. Needs to be renamed the TUFWANWAWOLONLTBGNBSIUM (Turned Up For Work And Never went AWOL or Nuffink Like That But Got No Bling So I'm Upset Medal), my vets badge is enough and it's enough for most of us FFS!

Just let it DIE!!!

9. Ding! Ding! Round two. Watch Out! Watch Out! there's a Mutley about...Medal Medal Medal Ad Nauseum!!! Please stop this now :x

To the hole i say...Immediately!!!

10. And? Are we supposed to owe you something because of your age? The NDM will be a medal for those who did fuckall in their career worthy of a medal. They feel inadequate standing next to current soldiers who have earned their medals on current operations.

11. What he said

C_C

12. Perhaps you could search the site before posting? Then you might have discovered the extensive previous discussion on this, and been prepared for exasperation and worse.

13. This subject has already been discussed at great length recently. The general consensus was that it is a bit walty and a medal for nothing. I for one can think of better things to spend the money on.

14. Oh bless! Was it the harshness of the caps lock that upset you? :roll:

This has been done to death on here and I for one, do not want a fucking repeat of it! :evil:

Oh and if you're old enough to be my grandfather, then you should have been dead for years!

15. Oh in that case of course everyone deserves a medal for just turning up :roll:

Do you all get together and discus which one is going next with or is it the same couple with different user names.

Seen as you are from an older generation how about

NAAF ORF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.