National Defence Medal Campaign - Even the thread failed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone comes on here, makes an argument for a medal, gets lots of objective reasons why his campaign is flawed, makes some strange/outrageous comments and the thread gets locked.

LINKY

Look how many posts in a short space of time, almost Frickeresque!

Tedious is the reason? Yet we still have inane word association threads and they are not tedious??????????????????

Bah Humbug! :evil:

Mmmmmm agreed. WAH -well it should have been allowed to run its course, like they all do.

If not, then the discussion should have been allowed to continue.

I can't believe this government won't give us an NDM thread. I didn't sweat in front of my computer during the previous 3 NDM threads for nothing you know, at any time I could have been attacked by axe weilding intruders who could have broken into my house- I wasn't but that's not the point. At one point my daughter ran over my foot with her new xmas rollerskates, she may have even done it on purpose, but I remained unflinching at my keyboard, in fact I had no choice in the matter as it was my turn on the laptop.

What short memories we all have - tell that to the lads from strip wood eh?

biffins-bridge said:
I can't believe this government won't give us an NDM thread. I didn't sweat in front of my computer during the previous 3 NDM threads for nothing you know, at any time I could have been attacked by axe weilding intruders who could have broken into my house- I wasn't but that's not the point. At one point my daughter ran over my foot with her new xmas rollerskates, she may have even done it on purpose, but I remained unflinching at my keyboard, in fact I had no choice in the matter as it was my turn on the laptop.

I bet you re-live this story every night at the Royal British Legion of Frontiersmen, don't you! You National Service Walt :lol:

MittMayo said:
biffins-bridge said:

I bet you re-live this story every night at the Royal British Legion of Frontiersmen, don't you! You National Service Walt :lol:
Right, that's it, your not welcome at any future RBL of F function from now on as you obviously don't remember the little known action at the bedding store in wankum, and in honour of this action I've had a new tie pin struck (only to be worn by RBL of F executives). :)

Anyway did I tell you about the time.........

hammy123 said:
Yeh, but what about the campaign for a MDN medal?
For services to Persian-Homosexual liaison? :twisted:

Horridlittleman said:
Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
Very funny lads. It's all a game until somebody gets hurt...
..or ran over by a lemonade truck!
I would never have mentioned that blooming wagon if I'd known that it would have been taken out of context! But for those of you who laugh, what about the Nuclear Test Veterans? Or the bromide guinea-pigs? Or those who underwent forced circumsicion (NO JOKE)? Or the lads crushed under their tanks on Soltau? No laughing matter and no different from today.

Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
Horridlittleman said:
Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
I would never have mentioned that blooming wagon if I'd known that it would have been taken out of context! But for those of you who laugh, what about the Nuclear Test Veterans? Or the bromide guinea-pigs? Or those who underwent forced circumsicion (NO JOKE)? Or the lads crushed under their tanks on Soltau? No laughing matter and no different from today.
More of an ARGHHHHHHHHHH than a WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't see any reason why we can't get one of these I have already "nationally defenced", Northern Ireland, Sierra Leone, Bosnia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and Afghanistan again, Oh yes and Germany and even the West Midlands during the cold war :D

so er.... yes please.

er .... yes please with sugar on top :D (if that helps)

PoGs
www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
Horridlittleman said:
Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
Where the hell are you gonna hang that medal? :)

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
Horridlittleman said:
Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
]

Maybe that's what I was meant to have done...

If anything The Unnecessary Medal [TUM] thread has highlighted how fossilised some old soldiers
and the RBL has become in some corners of the UK.
Needing recognition for army service that never warranted an operational gong.
Discussions of the Unmeritorious Medal aside, there are young lads today
who will need similar support of what the RBL was originally started for:
a place for combat veterans to meet & congregate whilst putting their lives back together with the aid & support of the Legion.
If they are made to feel unwelcome by gallant BAOR lemonade fighting veterans wounded whilst on fatigue duty,
then the RBL will have no relevance and little future purpose.
Tell this lemonade [Wah?] story to those who have been binned after breaking legs and/or ankles on a parachute training accidents.
let alone as a result of combat wounds, makes one wonder what their perspective of soldiering ever was.
There is obviously a generational or two gap between those seeing combat service today,
on a tempo, scale and length not seen since possibly, Korea, but most certainly WWII.
Here in SEA the RBL is little more than a retirees drinking clique that does little to welcome younger members,
unless they are willing to listen to the old-&-not so bold telling tales of derring-do from Sennelager & the Rieperbahn.
It is odd that the main RBL site no longer mentions this chapter, who continue to parade their standard on Remberance & ANZAC Day?
The attitude of the RBL needs to change and bring in more young blood,
so that it can return to its roots & carry out its original mission of providing for younger veterans,
some of whom require both physical & mental support after 8 years of combat.
Not seeking bogus bling and with a central yellow stripe!
I suppose it could be known as the Wah Medal.
Followed by the question, which wah do you think you fought in?

Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
Horridlittleman said:
Blanco_And_Dubbin said:
Having training accidents or being a guinea pig does not warrant a medal.

Should a builder get a medal for being involved in a workplace accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads