National Crime Agency begins criminal investigation into Arron Banks

• Thread starter Deleted 158059
  • Start date

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Baggy, the fine is pathetic after all the effort. I have secured revenue for the Crown worth 10x that amount in a single day. I'm sorry, but if that is the best that the OIC can do after all this time, then it does not bode well for the future.
However..... It is good news that the ICO is finally taking cross data use seriously.

Leave out the emotions of BREXIT I think this is a good result for Data Privacy. It sets a high bar for companies to not use personal data without consent. The case in point here was a political use being hijacked for marketing. It isn't really about Leave.EU but more about lack data privacy controls.

Personally I would prefer bigger fines or even bans from storing personal data for a period. Not because its Leave.EU but it is people playing fast with personal data - data that has value to me not the corporation.

However..... It is good news that the ICO is finally taking cross data use seriously.

Leave out the emotions of BREXIT I think this is a good result for Data Privacy. It sets a high bar for companies to not use personal data without consent. The case in point here was a political use being hijacked for marketing. It isn't really about Leave.EU but more about lack data privacy controls.

Personally I would prefer bigger fines or even bans from storing personal data for a period. Not because its Leave.EU but it is people playing fast with personal data - data that has value to me not the corporation.
I don't disagree with your point about sanctioning illegal data use, but the fine is trivial and will not act as much of a deterrent. Again, leaving Brexit to one side, the story is indicative of even the most modest success being hyped up into an event of legend. That, perhaps, should tell you something about the current senior management culture in the CS and NDPBs.

I don't disagree with your point about sanctioning illegal data use, but the fine is trivial and will not act as much of a deterrent. Again, leaving Brexit to one side, the story is indicative of even the most modest success being hyped up into an event of legend. That, perhaps, should tell you something about the current senior management culture in the CS and NDPBs.

Looks like the message is ’go on, do it’ all you’ll get is a small fine and a stern word of rebuke’

D

Deleted 158059

The Banks Files: Did Arron Banks bribe a South African police chief to have a business rival investigated?

The millionaire who bankrolled Brexit discussed lucrative business opportunities with one of South Africa’s most senior policemen while trying to persuade officers to investigate a former business partner.

Evidence from witnesses and previously unpublished documents raise the question of whether Banks was trying to bribe the police chief in a bid to discredit Mr Kimber, his former partner in a number of South African diamond mines.

Mr Kimber has claimed that Mr Banks had travelled to Russia to raise cash for his mines, and that money he raised from investors was spent on the Brexit campaign.

NSP

LE
Sith Ifricaan cops? Bribes?

'Cos, like, that's never happened before, eh...

NSP

LE
The Banks Files: Did Arron Banks bribe a South African police chief to have a business rival investigated?

The millionaire who bankrolled Brexit discussed lucrative business opportunities with one of South Africa’s most senior policemen while trying to persuade officers to investigate a former business partner.

Evidence from witnesses and previously unpublished documents raise the question of whether Banks was trying to bribe the police chief in a bid to discredit Mr Kimber, his former partner in a number of South African diamond mines.

Mr Kimber has claimed that Mr Banks had travelled to Russia to raise cash for his mines, and that money he raised from investors was spent on the Brexit campaign.
Sith Ifricaan cops? Bribes?

'Cos, like, that's never happened before, eh...
Indeed. Yet the normalisation of criminal activity doesn't make it right
@Lardbeast @CaptainRidiculous

D

Deleted 158059

Revealed: How Leave.EU faked migrant footage

An investigation by Channel 4 News also reveals how Arron Banks’ pro-Brexit group appears to have staged photos of migrants attacking women in London

The pro-Brexit campaign group, Leave.EU, faked a viral video and appear to have staged photos of “migrants”, shortly before the EU referendum.
An investigation by Channel 4 News found that images purporting to show “migrants” attacking young women in London seem to have been staged.
The group – backed by businessman Arron Banks – was also behind a fake video, claiming to show how easy it is for migrants to sneak into Britain. In reality, satellite data shows the men on board had not left UK waters.
The photographs and video both involved a former SAS soldier, Jonathan Pollen, who works for Banks’ corporate intelligence agency.
Although the photos were never used, the fake video went viral, garnering hundreds of thousands of views on Facebook.
Responding to the investigation Arron Banks accused Channel 4 News journalists of creating “fake news” themselves.

It appears that Big Phil Campion is involved in the fabrication

Last edited by a moderator:

NSP

LE
Revealed: How Leave.EU faked migrant footage

An investigation by Channel 4 News also reveals how Arron Banks’ pro-Brexit group appears to have staged photos of migrants attacking women in London

The pro-Brexit campaign group, Leave.EU, faked a viral video and appear to have staged photos of “migrants”, shortly before the EU referendum.
An investigation by Channel 4 News found that images purporting to show “migrants” attacking young women in London seem to have been staged.
The group – backed by businessman Arron Banks – was also behind a fake video, claiming to show how easy it is for migrants to sneak into Britain. In reality, satellite data shows the men on board had not left UK waters.
The photographs and video both involved a former SAS soldier, Jonathan Pollen, who works for Banks’ corporate intelligence agency.
Although the photos were never used, the fake video went viral, garnering hundreds of thousands of views on Facebook.
Responding to the investigation Arron Banks accused Channel 4 News journalists of creating “fake news” themselves.

It appears that Big Phil Campion is involved in the fabrication
Keep up, Trigger...

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/immigration.292056/#post-9217644

Latest Threads