National Crime Agency begins criminal investigation into Arron Banks

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Baggy, the fine is pathetic after all the effort. I have secured revenue for the Crown worth 10x that amount in a single day. I'm sorry, but if that is the best that the OIC can do after all this time, then it does not bode well for the future.
However..... It is good news that the ICO is finally taking cross data use seriously.

Leave out the emotions of BREXIT I think this is a good result for Data Privacy. It sets a high bar for companies to not use personal data without consent. The case in point here was a political use being hijacked for marketing. It isn't really about Leave.EU but more about lack data privacy controls.

Personally I would prefer bigger fines or even bans from storing personal data for a period. Not because its Leave.EU but it is people playing fast with personal data - data that has value to me not the corporation.

However..... It is good news that the ICO is finally taking cross data use seriously.

Leave out the emotions of BREXIT I think this is a good result for Data Privacy. It sets a high bar for companies to not use personal data without consent. The case in point here was a political use being hijacked for marketing. It isn't really about Leave.EU but more about lack data privacy controls.

Personally I would prefer bigger fines or even bans from storing personal data for a period. Not because its Leave.EU but it is people playing fast with personal data - data that has value to me not the corporation.
I don't disagree with your point about sanctioning illegal data use, but the fine is trivial and will not act as much of a deterrent. Again, leaving Brexit to one side, the story is indicative of even the most modest success being hyped up into an event of legend. That, perhaps, should tell you something about the current senior management culture in the CS and NDPBs.

I don't disagree with your point about sanctioning illegal data use, but the fine is trivial and will not act as much of a deterrent. Again, leaving Brexit to one side, the story is indicative of even the most modest success being hyped up into an event of legend. That, perhaps, should tell you something about the current senior management culture in the CS and NDPBs.

Looks like the message is ’go on, do it’ all you’ll get is a small fine and a stern word of rebuke’