National Catastrophe:Live .22 Rimfire Round Found In Doorway

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Nov 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

"The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.

"The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.

"The bullet has been examined at a Metropolitan Police laboratory and details about it kept for future reference."

"Bullet found in doorway" by David Williams. 9 November 2006.
    http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/walthamforest/walthamforestnews/display.var.1013959.0.bullet_found_in_doorway.php

How do we know there aren't more of these out there quietly lurking with enough powder to fire themselves?

There's only one reasonable course of action: Have the Prime Minister get on television and make an hysterical speech and then evacuate London.

2. Being an FAC and SGC holder, if I found some kind of ammo lying around my house or just outside, my first thought would be that I'd dropped it at some point and to pop it away, not phone the police! :roll:

Also, .22 pistols can't be held on a licence anymore, but thats about right for a journo who can't be arsed to do his research!

3. I confused! The article says a ".22 short bullet was found, but the picture shows a .22 lfr round. Mind you, considering it also says there was "gunpowder" in it, I suppose it's no surprise.

MsG

4. Top priority for them then. Hour, fifteen response time.

Must have been a slow news day.

5. "The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself."

:?

So, it doesn't need a gun or any kind of human agency to go bang!

"TAKE COVER!" :omfg:

6. jeez , ONE rimfire round, woopeedoo, a 7.62 is more of a worry than .22 :roll:

7. It's the end of civilisation as we know it.....

Obviously, it's the polish immigrants fault :roll:

8. This wouldn't happen if we all had ID cards.
    Quick Tony, time to ban something or raise taxes...

9. Must have been a pikey! 99p shop, tight arsed git.

10. Is this the missing WMD from Iraq?

11. Live ammunition left on a Mr Haroon Khans doorstep.....I think we all know what THIS means; a BNP cell is active in Walthamstow and EVERYBODY must vote Labour now!

12. ps. I just bothered myself to look up the Grauniad link and noticed this:-

Ammunition of this kind would ordinarily be used in a small handgun or pistol, and both can be owned legally under licence.

Please, can I have one, then? Nasty Mr B.Liar took mine away last time! :x

13. this is satire right?
    :? :D

14. golly - imagine if they looked in the lockers in the back of my Disco! They would find .410 and 12g rounds - each with enough gunpowder to fire themselves many times over!!

15. If they looked in any of the streams on Sennybridge area they would find enough 7.62 link and loose 5.56 to start a week of fun shoots on Mr Blair and his howling missus.

Which would be nice............