NATIONAL ARMED FORCES MEMORIAL

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Watcher, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if the names to be put on this memorial will be available on the Internet. I noticed that it will include those killed in training and I wondered if Judy Derby's name would appear.

2. Sorry for not knowing but who was Judy Derby?

3. Judy was a lieutenant in the Volunteers who was killed on a night exercise when a car crashed into the patrol she was leading. I can't remember exactly when it happended, early 90's I think, but I remember Judy well and it was a very sad loss.

4. Sorry to hear that.

There is another thread on this and some of the posters were saying that you can check the names already listed. Have a look in the Charities & welfare thread and you should be able to see the thread.

5. Sadly Judy's name doesn't appear on the web site; I'll have to look into that.

What I do have is a charity project for my Cub Scouts to raise funds for.

6. That sounds like a worthwhile project. What is it you would want to raise money for? A mil Charity or other?

7. I run a Cub Pack for about a dozen kids and each year I try and do something around remembrance in early November. We've had veterans visit and each of the kids has 'adopted' a name on the Village war memorial.

We are doing a 'gang show' in a couple of months and the Memorial could form the charitable objective for that event. Which failing we will be doing a 'charity night' some time in the New Year.

8. All good stuff and a great way of keeping it all in the public eye for a long time to come.

9. Watcher,

See Roll of Honour

10. SFB,

Thanks, a great lady to know. Brings back memories.

W

11. I was with Judy on that fateful night - standing next to her in fact .. 26 years .. and I still think of her often ...