National Anthems - which is better?

Which is the best National Anthem?

• U.K.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The French team are about to play their first game in this year's World Cup. I was just thinking what a magnificent rousing national anthem they have. But how does it compare to God Save The Queen/King?

frenchperson said:
The French team are about to play their first game in this year's World Cup. I was just thinking what a magnificent rousing national anthem they have. But how does it compare to God Save The Queen/King?

As stated elsewhere a British anthem for an English team is not right:(

I clicked on it too, but on purpose. It has spunk, elan, call it what you will, and a message, ours is a boring tune, shared by the Austrians of all people, with brown nosing sycophantic lyrics that don't really say much about who we are...IMHO

IMO, France, Germany and the USA all have better national anthems than us. Land of Hope and Glory should be Englands anthem, after all several million asylum seekers can't be wrong... :D

I reckon the National Anthem is pretty bloody boring, no tear-jearking, spine chilling moments ever ! Having said that, subject to abuse, I am Welsh.........still British but, very much a Taff. My own anthem does give me the spine-chilling, tear jerking thing.

In an attempt to get a fair and believable result to this poll, there's another chance to hear the UK National Anthem on Sunday 25th June at approx 15:58 on BBC1, and the French national anthem on Tuesday 27th June at approx 19:58 on ITV

The Two Fatherlands would be a good anthem for the UK.

Voted for France, Great, rousing anthem. However, one British anthem can match it - the Welsh one.

Hope England change to Jerusalem, or Land of Hope & Glory, soon, so we also have a rousing ditty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 30
King_of_the_Burpas The NAAFI Bar 35
The_Cad The NAAFI Bar 70