• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

National Anthems - the best and the worst of......

B

Biscuits_AB

Who has the best and the worst National Anthems in the Welmeisterschaftpokal?

Paraguay......what was all that about. It stopped in the middle.

Ours is 1st
EVERYONE else's is a pale imitation.
Best of all 10 out of 11 England players know the words, Gary Neville you slisydexic tw@t, sing.

Darthspud said:
Best of all 10 out of 11 England players know the words, Gary Neville you slisydexic tw@t, sing.
Oh, I thought he was deliberately not singing, because he had to meditate to psyche himself up, or summat similar. :? 8O

I didn't think it was any sort of shortcoming. :oops:

bovvyblonde said:
Darthspud said:
Oh, I thought he was deliberately not singing, because he had to meditate to psyche himself up, or summat similar. :? 8O

I didn't think it was any sort of shortcoming. :oops:
nah........................... it is just cause he is a CNUT :!: :!: :!: :!:

Being a fan of MotoGP, and having had a posting there (drop that one in) I like the Italian one. With Rossi, Melandri and Capirossi doing the biz, There has only been 1 non Italian winner in the last 15 races.

GSTQ is understated and emotional, the Italian is celebratory and uplifting.

On the demise of the Soviet Union they ditched the old anthem-a rollikin stiring tune that made you want to leap into your tank and invade somewhere (Poland as it is nearest)- and picked a tune with....no words.... good move. Public opinion soon got the old tune back with some newfangled words and national honour in Russia was saved

Biscuits_AB said:
Paraguay......what was all that about. It stopped in the middle.
I think it's because, like most Latin-American national anthems, it's written in two thirty-minute acts.

I can imagine the production manager going, "Fcuk this - just cut it here, even the Paraguayans won't notice."

Sorry boys these are all 'also rans'. The leader is the Welsh National Anthem perfect for all occassions including The Bn in the Attack, The Bn in Defence, opening flower shows, starting rugby games, using at welcoming parades for Tom Jones, etc, etc

Birdie_Numnums said:
Sorry boys these are all 'also rans'. The leader is the Welsh National Anthem perfect for all occassions including The Bn in the Attack, The Bn in Defence, opening flower shows, starting rugby games, using at welcoming parades for Tom Jones, etc, etc

I'm sure it sounds good, but think all our teams should just play God Save The Queen.
I mean NI anthem is Danny Boy, whats that all about hardly heart warming stuff :?

God save the Queen is the dogs nuts but for anthems [not national I know but ]Can't beat Land of Hope and Glory or Jerusalem..I cking hate South American anthems...30 mins of wrist slitting funeral durge at least the African nations have a bit of tempo about them , even if they never sound the same twice in a row...a bit like an ad-libing New Orleans Jazz band....on acid.... "Rumpety Trump perump toot toot clang ting rumpty rump.."

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
CONTROVERSY ALERT!!

I would prefer Land of Hope and Glory as our National Anthem. I sort of object to the National Antem being about one person. It should be a rousing Anthem that supports the whole nation.

I now stand by for a slagging....

Legs said:
CONTROVERSY ALERT!!

I would prefer Land of Hope and Glory as our National Anthem. I sort of object to the National Antem being about one person. It should be a rousing Anthem that supports the whole nation.

I now stand by for a slagging....
Err.. It's because we are in a monarchy. That one person happens to be The Queen (Gawd bless her) so it's not as if it is the same as any other one person, is it?

Latest Threads