National Anthems - the best and the worst of......

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biscuits_AB, Jun 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who has the best and the worst National Anthems in the Welmeisterschaftpokal?

Paraguay......what was all that about. It stopped in the middle.
  2. Lichenstein, it's our bloody tune and their fcuking words!!!
  3. Italian one always reminded me of an ice cream van for some reason.
  4. Ours is 1st
    EVERYONE else's is a pale imitation.
    Best of all 10 out of 11 England players know the words, Gary Neville you slisydexic tw@t, sing.
  5. Oh, I thought he was deliberately not singing, because he had to meditate to psyche himself up, or summat similar. :? 8O

I didn't think it was any sort of shortcoming. :oops:
  6. nah........................... it is just cause he is a CNUT :!: :!: :!: :!:
  7. Being a fan of MotoGP, and having had a posting there (drop that one in) I like the Italian one. With Rossi, Melandri and Capirossi doing the biz, There has only been 1 non Italian winner in the last 15 races.

GSTQ is understated and emotional, the Italian is celebratory and uplifting.
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

La Marseillaise is far and away the best. Italy's is quite good too.
  9. flower of scotland / scotland the brave.

take your pick either will have the spine tingling in no time at all.
  10. On the demise of the Soviet Union they ditched the old anthem-a rollikin stiring tune that made you want to leap into your tank and invade somewhere (Poland as it is nearest)- and picked a tune words.... good move. Public opinion soon got the old tune back with some newfangled words and national honour in Russia was saved
  11. I think it's because, like most Latin-American national anthems, it's written in two thirty-minute acts.

I can imagine the production manager going, "Fcuk this - just cut it here, even the Paraguayans won't notice."
  12. i recently listened to "there always will be an England", i found it very stirring and epitomises the essence of England
  13. Sorry boys these are all 'also rans'. The leader is the Welsh National Anthem perfect for all occassions including The Bn in the Attack, The Bn in Defence, opening flower shows, starting rugby games, using at welcoming parades for Tom Jones, etc, etc

14. I'm sure it sounds good, but think all our teams should just play God Save The Queen.
    I mean NI anthem is Danny Boy, whats that all about hardly heart warming stuff :?
  15. You will hear more and more of this one in the future... as the Great Satan and Running Dog anthems lose even more favour in the world: Ta-Daa