National Action - Thank God, We've Been Saved!

I think you'll find PREVENT and "Intervention Providers" or "Facilitation Guides" got there well before me....
I've just had a thought.

1) Rewrite your post in slightly more psychobabble terms.

2) Call it something like 'The Boumer extremist spectrum classification identifier'.

3) Copyright it and get The Guardian and say, Labour* to endorse it as a surefire way to spot extremists.

Usual agent's fee.

*For goodness sake and our bank balance don't point out it applies to all extremists! This is v important.
Terms such as "Johnny Raghead" are frown upon, apparently.

Chef

LE
I think you'll find PREVENT and "Intervention Providers" or "Facilitation Guides" got there well before me....
Since when has duplication of effort stopped the government spending money?

However we can put some 'Revised' and 'Peer reviewed*' Stickers on the folder. That shoild do the trick.

*Bound to be a Baron Hardup who'll read it for a score.

Since when has duplication of effort stopped the government spending money?

However we can put some 'Revised' and 'Peer reviewed*' Stickers on the folder. That shoild do the trick.

*Bound to be a Baron Hardup who'll read it for a score.

Torn between excellent, like and funny - or all three.

I am always wondering why the British state will pay out money hand over fist, but threaten actual academics working in this area. I mean, we've have how many years of PREVENT and I don't notice the threat level going down appreciably?

People are using in-game chat to spread extremist views. Only the XRW apparently, according to the BBC.

It's pretty common in the online sewers I lurk in. National Action were more interested in airsoft or going to various places in Europe to play with guns.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
People are using in-game chat to spread extremist views. Only the XRW apparently, according to the BBC.

And in other news, extremist views from the XLW are also promulgated via games and chat.
But that's fine because.

And in other news, extremist views from the XLW are also promulgated via games and chat.
But that's fine because.
But are they?
Any evidence?
There aren't that many XLW anyway, and those that admit to being Marxists of some flavour, don't usually seem to be gamers.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
But are they?
Any evidence?
Yes and yes.
What now is considered "normal" behaviour was unthinkable twenty years ago.
The more certain political views are seen everywhere the more likely people are to assume that these views are "normal."
It can be anywhere and everywhere, never mind politically skewed news reporting by allegedly unbiased media, more insidiously it comes in things that give the masses pleasure, entertainment especially.
Sporting events have become politically charged, quite possibly because they're businesses.
Comedians on the television and radio are generally chosen not for their incisive wit but for their toeing the party line.
Internet (anti?)social media is where the guilt or otherwise of many is adjudged, and the "cancel culture" could not have the same effect were it not for the net.

There aren't that many XLW anyway,
Because the"benchmark" for being XRW has steadily moved further leftwards.

and those that admit to being Marxists of some flavour, don't usually seem to be gamers.
Your experience, not mine.

Yes and yes.
What now is considered "normal" behaviour was unthinkable twenty years ago.
The more certain political views are seen everywhere the more likely people are to assume that these views are "normal."
It can be anywhere and everywhere, never mind politically skewed news reporting by allegedly unbiased media, more insidiously it comes in things that give the masses pleasure, entertainment especially.
Sporting events have become politically charged, quite possibly because they're businesses.
Comedians on the television and radio are generally chosen not for their incisive wit but for their toeing the party line.
Internet (anti?)social media is where the guilt or otherwise of many is adjudged, and the "cancel culture" could not have the same effect were it not for the net.

Because the"benchmark" for being XRW has steadily moved further leftwards.

Your experience, not mine.
That reasoning's a bit spurious.
Basically, you are saying that the fact that the wing nuts to the Right have gone further Right over the horizon, that has moved the Centre into British Union of Fascists territory, forcing the Liberals into the extreme Left.
This is a bit odd.
The fact that the Right has gone Righter does not equate to the Left becoming Leftier.

Nor does changes in behaviour make it Left Wing changes. The most vocal demonstrators nowadays tend to be environmental and civil rights types. They aren't necessarily Left Wing themselves, although there are always a few overlapping circles and entryists, but what they do have in common is that they really get up the nose of the X Right Wingers, who want to build carbon emitting power stations burning gay brown vegan people in the Green Party for fuel.

The Net is a platform. You can find what you search for, be it cat pictures, IS propaganda, or Infowars. Don't blame the platform for the users behaviour.

It sounds like you are actually calling for State controlled censorship on publishing things you don't like, so presumably if you have a platform that only publishes things you and the State approve of, and if you just call it "Truth" (Pravda in Russian) that is about as XLW as you can get.

The authorities who are currently worried about XRW radicalisation amongst young men are lucky that they never blundered into a 1970s, 80s or early 90s infantry NAAFI. They'd have had a meltdown on the spot.

Card carrying NF members drunkenly fantasising about the coming race war and planning a spot of paki bashing on their next leave, Waffen SS and RLI recruiting posters and swastika flags on the wall in the block, targeted racist attacks against black personnel from other units, collections of illegal weapons stashed in every locker...

Every battalion had those cliques; some more than others. In some battalions (during certain periods) they set the tone amongst the junior ranks.

The authorities who are currently worried about XRW radicalisation amongst young men are lucky that they never blundered into a 1970s, 80s or early 90s infantry NAAFI. They'd have had a meltdown on the spot.

Card carrying NF members drunkenly fantasising about the coming race war and planning a spot of paki bashing on their next leave, Waffen SS and RLI recruiting posters and swastika flags on the wall in the block, targeted racist attacks against black personnel from other units, collections of illegal weapons stashed in every locker...

Every battalion had those cliques; some more than others. In some battalions (during certain periods) they set the tone amongst the junior ranks.

As a left footer, I was treated very well and looked after by the bttn I was RL'd with, especially by Orange members who warned me off some characters. I was their pet taig. That or a possible candidate to be the guy on bonfire night?

But are they?
Any evidence?
There aren't that many XLW anyway, and those that admit to being Marxists of some flavour, don't usually seem to be gamers.

Not my experience, in my social circle, nearly all the gamers that make any kind of political message are XLW, the others just get on with gaming without making political rants whilst streaming on twitch

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Basically, you are saying that the fact that the wing nuts to the Right have gone further Right over the horizon, that has moved the Centre into British Union of Fascists territory, forcing the Liberals into the extreme Left.
This is a bit odd.
The fact that the Right has gone Righter does not equate to the Left becoming Leftier.

Nor does changes in behaviour make it Left Wing changes. The most vocal demonstrators nowadays tend to be environmental and civil rights types. They aren't necessarily Left Wing themselves, although there are always a few overlapping circles and entryists, but what they do have in common is that they really get up the nose of the X Right Wingers, who want to build carbon emitting power stations burning gay brown vegan people in the Green Party for fuel.

The Net is a platform. You can find what you search for, be it cat pictures, IS propaganda, or Infowars. Don't blame the platform for the users behaviour.

It sounds like you are actually calling for State controlled censorship on publishing things you don't like, so presumably if you have a platform that only publishes things you and the State approve of, and if you just call it "Truth" (Pravda in Russian) that is about as XLW as you can get.
This weekend I would absolutely love a pint of whatever you're on.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
This weekend I would absolutely love a pint of whatever you're on.
ae235_1.jpg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

ACAB

LE
This is a bit odd.

Absolutely cretinous reply.

Awol

LE

They are probably using online game chat firstly because it is secure and private, and secondly because there is nowhere on the web where one can freely engage in these issues.

If a newbie Adolf appeared on Arrse, most of us would like to engage with him to point out that, actually, murdering 10 million civilians (a quarter of whom were little kids) is a shîtty way to behave, and not the best way to win new friends.

However this will never happen, because newbie Adolf will be banned after his first post, as he will on every other forum on the web.

This makes the site owners appear very virtuous (and they are, having spent a week in the Med. with GCO, rubbing sunlotion into his back under threat of keelhauling), but.... it forces these warped individuals underground (where they won’t be challenged and can foster new blood).

No matter the reason, political censorship never works. It didn’t work in Nazi Germany, in Soviet Russia and it won’t work in the UK. It makes the government look good in the very short term, but inevitably fosters dissent and even hatred.

All political views, no matter how distasteful, should be on open view, so they can be dissected and ridiculed if necessary. That’s the only way these idiots will get to gauge the hostility they engender.

Last edited:
But that's fine because.
I have a bland and neutral account on discord and Telegram and pretty much everything I get invited to or added to is XRW. That's not to say the Left don't use these things but I suspect they still use things like facebook and Signal.

TamH70

MIA
I have a bland and neutral account on discord and Telegram and pretty much everything I get invited to or added to is XRW. That's not to say the Left don't use these things but I suspect they still use things like facebook and Signal.

And Twitter. And Instagram. And especially Tumblr.

Latest Threads