Nasty ND - how much will this cost him?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ozduke, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Misfired Patriot missile hits farm

A PATRIOT missile hit a farm in Qatar after being accidentally fired from a base used by US forces in the Gulf Arab state, Al Jazeera television said today.
    The Qatar-based television said the missile launched from Assayliyah base did not cause any casualties.
    The Patriot system is an anti-missile system.
    Officials at Assayliyah were not available for comment.
    US-allied Qatar was a launch pad for the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.
    It hosts the US Army's Central Command (CENTCOM).,23599,22596881-23109,00.html
  2. Was it the red or the green button i was meant to press, Sarge??
  3. So that wasn't the cup-holder, then?
  4. PFC Homer Simpson of the 1st friendly fire missile regiment was quoted as saying "D'oh!"
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Septic Hearts and Minds is all it was. The missile was deliberately fired to assist the farm owner with turning the soil in his fields. What was actually meant to happen, was that the thing was meant to go off, not just sit there when it arrived.
  6. Maybe they were targeting Al Jazeera and missed?!
  7. I'm torn by not really believing AlJazeera and knowing that this is the sort of thing that the Americans do. Either they will claim he was an AQT and ship him off to Cuba or they will blame a technical fault.
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Probably cost a lot more than it did when they shot down the 9sqn Tornado & killed the two crew!!
  9. I think whoever launched it will just have to buy a jar of coffee, and do a few laps on the parade ground :)
  10. "And I'm telling you. This button doesn't do anything."