NASA's new direction

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Raven2008, Jul 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I take it Obama has abandoned desires to get to Mars and replaced it with a mission to find the sky fairy out there in the furthest reaches of the universe?

Anybody else get a little nagging doubt about Obama's intelligence level?

2. So now the mission of NASA is to make people feel good for something that may or may not have happened 1000 years ago?

3. I have done for a while, in fact ever since he made sure that his university transcripts would be kept under wraps (which is EXCEPTIONALLY unusual for a presidential candidate -- the media normally wants to know absolutely everything on record about a candidate... but strangely not this one).

And, for someone who supposedly is a constitutional scholar, he doesn't seem to know what the President can and cannot do. E.g. the President cannot unilaterally force a private company to set up a compensation fund.

Plus, his mathematics appear to be a little shoddy -- the Democrats have a sizeable majority in the house and (had) a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, yet he blamed, and continues to blame, the Republicans for blocking the passage of legislation... which is mathematically impossible for them to do on their own.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I think we should take all the money we donate to China and India's space programs
    Invest it in sending a Large Union Flag to Mars

The Youtube footage of Obama's face as he spots it when his lot land will be something we can enjoy over and over

5. NASA new direction. When I read that I thought they had taken up tunnelling.

6. There is already one plucky British space probe on Mars, it's just a pity it spread itself over a large area on entry....