Nasal polyps surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had nasal polyps that were surgically removed a few years ago. Does anyone know if this is a permanent bar in the Army/all branches?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I had nasal polyps that were surgically removed a few years ago. Does anyone know if this is a permanent bar in the Army/all branches?
Have you been put on Beconase nasules daily to stop them from recurring? I ended up having three operations, two to clear out polyps, one to straighten a turbinate (cartilage) and take Beconase daily. My otorhinolaryngiologist assured me the Beconase was entirely topical and wouldn't lead to steroid build up in the body.

It's been 17 years, and my body size is little if any bigger than when I left green 31½ years ago.

I have no idea what the medics will say, but if I were you I'd be confident your polyps surgery will not be a block to enlisting, unless they are bigoted enough to see "steroid" and give up.

But what do I know?

Have you been put on Beconase nasules daily to stop them from recurring? I ended up having three operations, two to clear out polyps, one to straighten a turbinate (cartilage) and take Beconase daily. My otorhinolaryngiologist assured me the Beconase was entirely topical and wouldn't lead to steroid build up in the body.

It's been 17 years, and my body size is little if any bigger than when I left green 31½ years ago.

I have no idea what the medics will say, but if I were you I'd be confident your polyps surgery will not be a block to enlisting, unless they are bigoted enough to see "steroid" and give up.

But what do I know?
I was told to get steroid nasal spray and to start using it if it feels like it’s coming back but it never did

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Check out the medical thread.

Blind people in space can find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads