NASA launching a rocket to the Moon to investigate strange glow?

The rocket and payload contain scientific instruments, will take about 30 days to reach the moon and will orbit the moon for over 100 days. They said the objective of the mission was to investigate a strange glow that the apollo 17 crew reported during their mission decades ago. They also stated that they would be communicating with the satelite for the first time via laser.

In full anticipation of a tsunami of tinfoil hat related jibes, does anyone else think NASA (essentially a defense agency of the US Government) has other motives for this visit, other than to look at some moon dust? Has moon dust been such a burning question this last 40 years lol? Really?

My question is, what are they really going up there for?

Anything from HE-3 mining to searching for water as part of a plan to develop the moon as a staging post for long distance space exploration have been touted for some years.

Or a Death Star/space brothel.

It's their raison d'être. They have to remind the Obama administration there's more to them than Muslim outreach and promoting global warming alarmism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I thought they were testing to see if the moon has some sort of atmosphere where the atoms don't collide or something..though that might have been a dream.

..so it's probably clanger culling like wot Fred said.

Ooh, goody. We haven't had a decent conspiracy thread for at least 4 or 5 hours.
They're really going to activate Reagan's Star Wars death star which was left there in the 80s. Now the Russkis are getting bolshie over Syria (even managed to get another Syrian reference to go with all the others), they're going to remove the mothball cover from it.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They said the objective of the mission was to investigate a strange glow that the apollo 17 crew reported during their mission decades ago.
That BBQ will well and truly have gone out by now!

S

seanjo

The rocket and payload contain scientific instruments, will take about 30 days to reach the moon and will orbit the moon for over 100 days. They said the objective of the mission was to investigate a strange glow that the apollo 17 crew reported during their mission decades ago. They also stated that they would be communicating with the satelite for the first time via laser.

In full anticipation of a tsunami of tinfoil hat related jibes, does anyone else think NASA (essentially a defense agency of the US Government) has other motives for this visit, other than to look at some moon dust? Has moon dust been such a burning question this last 40 years lol? Really?

The dull glow may be ice, finding water on the moon would be a huge step towards colonisation. I believe them.

S

seanjo

As for conspiracy, you have to ask yourself what can be done by sending a small orbiter to the moon? **** all is the immediate answer!

S

seanjo

Anything from HE-3 mining to searching for water as part of a plan to develop the moon as a staging post for long distance space exploration have been touted for some years.

HE3 is a very valuable commodity, more and more, becoming worth going to the moon for.

Rare Earth Minerals in general are becoming more valuable too. China has restricted the export of RRE, and although the US has plenty they are expensive to extract and they possibly want to keep them as a strategic reserve going forward.

So they still don't have the technology to actually land on the moon then ?

Thats no moon...

Now, is it a coincidence that this happens just after Hitlers bodyguards death bed confession?

[video=youtube;kNDaOFQ6g2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDaOFQ6g2I[/video]

The shelves were empty of Bacofoil this morning, again.....

They're probably responding to the PRCs intent to put manned missions on the moon. To keep themselves in the business of having a claim they need to show continuous habitual use, same as for terrestrial territorial claims. Use it or lose it.

They got to the moon in about 4 days in 1969 so it wouldn't be much of a staging post. Mars is 6 months away. Having said that, not having a gravity, a rocket wouldn't burn much fuel launching from the moon so maybe.