NASA launching a rocket to the Moon to investigate strange glow?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by happyuk, Sep 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The rocket and payload contain scientific instruments, will take about 30 days to reach the moon and will orbit the moon for over 100 days. They said the objective of the mission was to investigate a strange glow that the apollo 17 crew reported during their mission decades ago. They also stated that they would be communicating with the satelite for the first time via laser.

In full anticipation of a tsunami of tinfoil hat related jibes, does anyone else think NASA (essentially a defense agency of the US Government) has other motives for this visit, other than to look at some moon dust? Has moon dust been such a burning question this last 40 years lol? Really?

My question is, what are they really going up there for?

2. Culling Clangers?

• Like Like x 18
  3. Anything from HE-3 mining to searching for water as part of a plan to develop the moon as a staging post for long distance space exploration have been touted for some years.

Or a Death Star/space brothel.

• Like Like x 4
  4. FHA

FHA LE

It's their raison d'être. They have to remind the Obama administration there's more to them than Muslim outreach and promoting global warming alarmism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5. I thought they were testing to see if the moon has some sort of atmosphere where the atoms don't collide or something..though that might have been a dream.

..so it's probably clanger culling like wot Fred said.

6. Ooh, goody. We haven't had a decent conspiracy thread for at least 4 or 5 hours.
    They're really going to activate Reagan's Star Wars death star which was left there in the 80s. Now the Russkis are getting bolshie over Syria (even managed to get another Syrian reference to go with all the others), they're going to remove the mothball cover from it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That BBQ will well and truly have gone out by now!

• Like Like x 3
  8. The dull glow may be ice, finding water on the moon would be a huge step towards colonisation. I believe them.

9. FHA

FHA LE

Clanger culling it is. They're tooling up though.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378550014.535130.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like Like x 5
  10. As for conspiracy, you have to ask yourself what can be done by sending a small orbiter to the moon? **** all is the immediate answer!

• Like Like x 1
  11. HE3 is a very valuable commodity, more and more, becoming worth going to the moon for.

12. Rare Earth Minerals in general are becoming more valuable too. China has restricted the export of RRE, and although the US has plenty they are expensive to extract and they possibly want to keep them as a strategic reserve going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  13. So they still don't have the technology to actually land on the moon then ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thats no moon...

Now, is it a coincidence that this happens just after Hitlers bodyguards death bed confession?

• Like Like x 3
  15. The shelves were empty of Bacofoil this morning, again.....