NASA Feeds, UFOs and other unusual things in the sky

the thinking in certain circles re the Philadephia Experiment is that the whole dematerialisation / teleportation thing was that the story was so ridiculous as to make people dismiss it...when what it was really covering up for was an active stealth installation. which at the time, would have been a massive boost to ships making the atlantic run.
nick cook touches on it in his book 'the hunt for zero point', which is an excellent read imho.

Amazon product

the thinking in certain circles re the Philadephia Experiment is that the whole dematerialisation / teleportation thing was that the story was so ridiculous as to make people dismiss it...when what it was really covering up for was an active stealth installation. which at the time, would have been a massive boost to ships making the atlantic run.
nick cook touches on it in his book 'the hunt for zero point', which is an excellent read imho.

Amazon product

I have the book albeit spine is breaking ...shame cannot get it on kindle or apple ibooks

Anyhow a few things in his book is in his documentary

cheers

The-hippie

Clanker
Shades of a particular X-files episode which kicked off with an Iranian Tomcat encountering an UFO but in this case US Army cav unit deployed to the Mid East told to keep shctum with their encounter...

Fascinating subject this, from lurking here I know you're an SME on aviation - the black helicopters will be with you soon @Raven2008 ...

I'm a civvy but from being a bairn I've had UFO sightings.
The Tehran incident is a beauty, I've not heard about the Egyptian one.

Probably thread drift but the Cosford Incident,William Schaffner & BA5061 intrigue me (I've got a serious tin foil hat as has the dog).

I was a witness to the Howden Moor incident on the 24th of March 1997.
(I am under MH & on meds)...

We were out in Barnsley on student night, heard a light aircraft about 2100 & saw the nav lights heading roughly west. Thought nowt of it.
Wednesday morning on day release from my NVQ agriculture (now on my second degree & an MSc so not much of a mong).

One of the lads lived at a farm (SK2397), it was an RVP for the local MRT & Charles took MRT & [his words] the Army up on the tractor & trailer as far as he could get.
A few other lads went up because it sounded & looked like an aircraft had gone down, IIRC Crowden, Edale & ?Glossop MRT were scrambled.

I used to go up every weekend & knew the Dark Peak we'll.

The following Saturday I went up, went from Langsett @Ritch , over Cut Gate, Harden Moss up to Cat Clough Head, there I saw what looked like a Sea King had put down (two sets of dual tyres & a single) MRT etc had been flown up, I think two Sea kings had been scrambled.

I saw nowt bar the Sea King depressions but speaking to lads & aquiantences who went up thinking it was a potential aircraft crash it was a genuine shout & at 17 years old & volunteering to go on the moors to search says summat.

In the end nothing was found, the BGS said it was a bolide & the RAF said that a couple of Phantoms/Tornados went over Sheffield.

There were questions asked in Parliament but nothing has been "disclosed" conclusively.

(Not my FoI).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-232750_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-232750_Drive.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220522-232742_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-232742_Drive.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 13
Fascinating subject this, from lurking here I know you're an SME on aviation - the black helicopters will be with you soon @Raven2008 ...

I'm a civvy but from being a bairn I've had UFO sightings.
The Tehran incident is a beauty, I've not heard about the Egyptian one.

Probably thread drift but the Cosford Incident,William Schaffner & BA5061 intrigue me (I've got a serious tin foil hat as has the dog).

I was a witness to the Howden Moor incident on the 24th of March 1997.
(I am under MH & on meds)...

We were out in Barnsley on student night, heard a light aircraft about 2100 & saw the nav lights heading roughly west. Thought nowt of it.
Wednesday morning on day release from my NVQ agriculture (now on my second degree & an MSc so not much of a mong).

One of the lads lived at a farm (SK2397), it was an RVP for the local MRT & Charles took MRT & [his words] the Army up on the tractor & trailer as far as he could get.
A few other lads went up because it sounded & looked like an aircraft had gone down, IIRC Crowden, Edale & ?Glossop MRT were scrambled.

I used to go up every weekend & knew the Dark Peak we'll.

The following Saturday I went up, went from Langsett @Ritch , over Cut Gate, Harden Moss up to Cat Clough Head, there I saw what looked like a Sea King had put down (two sets of dual tyres & a single) MRT etc had been flown up, I think two Sea kings had been scrambled.

I saw nowt bar the Sea King depressions but speaking to lads & aquiantences who went up thinking it was a potential aircraft crash it was a genuine shout & at 17 years old & volunteering to go on the moors to search says summat.

In the end nothing was found, the BGS said it was a bolide & the RAF said that a couple of Phantoms/Tornados went over Sheffield.

There were questions asked in Parliament but nothing has been "disclosed" conclusively.

(Not my FoI).
Thanks hippie (you sure you're not Red Cap SIB lol - he says referring to the tv series)

For sure something happened - could be any of these options -

1) Light a/c carrying something dodgy drugs / arms to crooksy or terror folk oop north and pilot inexperienced so crashed or was overloaded. Likes of GMP or local plod decide to keep schtum like many a plod plot.

2) Something unique and exotic flying out of BAe Warton . remember this incident reported by airline crews on approach to MAN Ringway? Warton is not a million miles away from where you are...

Unsolved Mysteries: The Pennines UFO 'Near Miss' of Flight BA5061

It was only within a couple of years before your incident...

3) Said farm lad mentions army (or more than likely RAF) vehicles - including trailer / large low loader perhaps ?? Wonder if he could tell difference from DPM on say likes of RAF or army personnel. More than likely it be RAF and Rock Apes with white caps guarding area.

cheers

p.s black helicopters are passe - laughingly black is prob worse color scheme for mil helo lest its DHFS / Ascent overt he years from laughingly 1997 = black and yellow top or an American state police /; sheriff helo painted in black.

I have always had a fascination with the whole UFO phenomena. I don't for a second believe in them and believe all "sightings" are mistaken identification of other terrestrial phenomena. There are dozens of natural and man-made candidates and without full awareness of all the facts of any given situation they will forever remain unidentified.

However, the people who promote things like contact, probing etc continue to fascinate me, not least because most of them are clearly loonies.

Read about this bloke today who clearly takes the loony biscuit. The nutter that was George Van Tassel.

Wiki entry: George Van Tassel - Wikipedia

Five minute read here: The Secrets of the Integratron

Mad as a box of frogs.

Slime

LE
I have always had a fascination with the whole UFO phenomena. I don't for a second believe in them and believe all "sightings" are mistaken identification of other terrestrial phenomena. There are dozens of natural and man-made candidates and without full awareness of all the facts of any given situation they will forever remain unidentified.

However, the people who promote things like contact, probing etc continue to fascinate me, not least because most of them are clearly loonies.

Read about this bloke today who clearly takes the loony biscuit. The nutter that was George Van Tassel.

Mad as a box of frogs.

Are you aware of: The unexplained with Howard Hughes?

It’s a very long running show that has been a podcast, radio show and now a TV show.
It should be available on any podcast app.
It’s been one of my favourite shows for many years. The show does have some excellent guests imho and over a wide range of subjects, but it very much does have more than enough moon howlers as guests.

While you mention probing, The unexplained also has guests who claim things like having been abducted from Earth and taken to Mars to fight in an interplanetary war. :)

Recently the show has covered the US Navy sightings, and the congressional hearings.

I will reiterate it‘s one of my favourite shows, but will clarify that I am NOT saying I believe a lot of what the guests say……..but that’s the fun of the show.

Verwaltung

Old-Salt
Are you aware of: The unexplained with Howard Hughes?

It’s a very long running show that has been a podcast, radio show and now a TV show.
It should be available on any podcast app.
It’s been one of my favourite shows for many years. The show does have some excellent guests imho and over a wide range of subjects, but it very much does have more than enough moon howlers as guests.

While you mention probing, The unexplained also has guests who claim things like having been abducted from Earth and taken to Mars to fight in an interplanetary war. :)

Recently the show has covered the US Navy sightings, and the congressional hearings.

I will reiterate it‘s one of my favourite shows, but will clarify that I am NOT saying I believe a lot of what the guests say……..but that’s the fun of the show.
Exactly, I've been listening to that podcast for years too. I tend to skip the moon howlers unless they are entertaining, but he is a good interviewer and also has guests the likes of Lue Elizondo on the show - who is the very antithesis of a moon howler.

Slime

LE
Exactly, I've been listening to that podcast for years too. I tend to skip the moon howlers unless they are entertaining, but he is a good interviewer and also has guests the likes of Lue Elizondo on the show - who is the very antithesis of a moon howler.

I listen, and learn from the sensible space update guests, and liked the gadget detective, but have a guilty pleasure of listening to the more outrageous UFO types…….The more outrageous the better.
I do skip the ghost hunter guests though.

As a listener to the show, hopefully you will understand the following:
Guests who very frequently say ‘it’s in my book, flowed by the full title of the book.
Guests who want to say they know or are friends with more famous conspiracy theorists.
Guests who say only they have got to the truth of a subject.
Nick pope inventing an even more important former MOD role with each successive year. :)

Edited to add:
I forgot my favourite.
Guests over the last ten years saying that ‘full UFO disclosure’ is only a year away.

Russ Abbot

Clanker
Alien UFOs : whole thing is utter bunkum. They would require the technology to tunnel through the fabric of space-time to arrive in the vicinity of earth. Having done all that just to flash themselves at selected lunatics and alcoholics just for shits and giggles. Total 'kin bollocks.

Verwaltung

Old-Salt
Alien UFOs : whole thing is utter bunkum. They would require the technology to tunnel through the fabric of space-time to arrive in the vicinity of earth. Having done all that just to flash themselves at selected lunatics and alcoholics just for shits and giggles. Total 'kin bollocks.
... or then not.. not just alcoholics and lunatics. The phenomenon /these phenomena has/have been seen and recorded since basically whenever - but to say specifically Alien UFOs, well, who knows really. At the moment it's just unidentified.

' “A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven’t made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.”

“Buzz them?” Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him.

“Yeah”, said Ford, “they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor soul whom no one’s ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their heads and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.” '

' “A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven’t made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.”

“Buzz them?” Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him.

“Yeah”, said Ford, “they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor soul whom no one’s ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their heads and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.” '
Douglass Adams had it nailed...we will at some time in the very distant future find out that he was, in essence correct!

Douglass Adams had it nailed...we will at some time in the very distant future find out that he was, in essence correct!

it makes as much sense as anything else.

Mad as a box of frogs.
I'm the same. Stephen greer,sorry Dr Stephen greer has a ton of whiteness statements on his YouTube channel. All highly believable until they drop a clanger, which they always do.
The recent hearing in Congress confirms my theory that most yanks are barking.

Spacehopper383

War Hero
I listen, and learn from the sensible space update guests, and liked the gadget detective, but have a guilty pleasure of listening to the more outrageous UFO types…….The more outrageous the better.
I do skip the ghost hunter guests though.

As a listener to the show, hopefully you will understand the following:
Guests who very frequently say ‘it’s in my book, flowed by the full title of the book.
Guests who want to say they know or are friends with more famous conspiracy theorists.
Guests who say only they have got to the truth of a subject.
Nick pope inventing an even more important former MOD role with each successive year. :)

Edited to add:
I forgot my favourite.
Guests over the last ten years saying that ‘full UFO disclosure’ is only a year away.
Every time I hear him, I just wish one of his former colleagues would ring in and tell these gullible yanks (and that is where most of the ufo/paranormal podcasts come from) that actually he was a lowly clerk who used to disappear for most of the day, tugging himself off watching the X files.
The last podcast I heard, he was introduced as the head of the MODs ufo investigation branch.

Latest Threads