NASA Feeds, UFOs and other unusual things in the sky

What about a Tunnocks tea cake?
This looks like a lunar lander.

1627401664365.png

I would like to think that before I shuffle off this mortal coil e get tangible evidence that we are not alone, unfortunately this bloke puts it into perspective

We need to bang those rocks to get her harder

I would like to think that before I shuffle off this mortal coil e get tangible evidence that we are not alone, unfortunately this bloke puts it into perspective

1627420509683.png

is this the information age equivalent of 'we apologise for the inconvenience'??

...and get her harder for what??

Any chance you can re-post that as linky no worky.

And TBH it doesn't make a lot of sense without the link.

Thanks for re-posting.

A good video.

Covers some of the points I made up the thread. Only better and with more rigour.

Off to watch his video on "eyeball planets" now. I only came across that phrase on Monday evening in a Hannah Fry docco on size.

On Friday night I was in my back garden about 10pm taking advantage of a very clear dark sky (a gap in the weather) and saw several satellites going over in various directions.
One, much brighter than the others (think twice the luminecense of Jupiter and about the same size), caught my eye as it faded out. Not unusual as it looked to be in low orbit due to its speed and brightness and it must have just passed out of the suns rays.
Then after 15 seconds it came back, stayed illuminated for about 5 seconds before fading again, making it's way across the skies. About 10-15 seconds later it would, once more return. I followed it's west-east course until it finally went beyond my sight.
After a bit of internet-looky it appears that some satellites, once their fuel is expended, begin to tumble before re-entering the atmosphere creating the effect I saw.
Never seen it before, and I think it is, for a casual sky gazer, going to be a once in a lifetime event. Still, if it's still up there some of you may get to see it and at least you wont thave to think 'aliens!'.

ETA - A few candidates here - Upcoming and Recent Decays and Re-entries - eventually air drag, gravity or retro-fire mean that a spacecraft or satellite is no longer able to stay in orbit. It re-enters the atmosphere to be destroyed or make a safe landing.

Last edited:
That strapadicktome Spacex rocket always reminds me of the end on Banks' Excession.

the Psychopath Class ex-Rapid Offensive Unit Frank Exchange of Views was waiting for her.
Ulver laughed. 'It looks,' she snorted, 'like a dildo!'
'That's appropriate,' Churt Lyne said. 'Armed, it can **** solar systems.'

Although Dragon might be lacking the destructive power.

Meh. A rocket is a rocket.

And a strapadicktome is still a strapadicktome (Based on extensive study in the annals of Ann Summers and LoveHoney - purely for academic research, obvs)

Admittedly Blue Origin is more dildo like than the one just launched, but it wasn't the one in the right hand picture. That is a Falcon Heavy.

Meh. A rocket is a rocket.

And a strapadicktome is still a strapadicktome (Based on extensive study in the annals of Ann Summers and LoveHoney - purely for academic research, obvs)

Admittedly Blue Origin is more dildo like than the one just launched, but it wasn't the one in the right hand picture. That is a Falcon Heavy.
Too right it’s a Falcon Heavy. I nearly put my back out lifting it.

Slime

LE