NASA Feeds, UFOs and other unusual things in the sky

Slime

LE
The Howard Hughes show starting now on TalkRadio: 22:00 06/06/21 will be talking about leaked items from the upcoming US disclosure.

The show will also discuss ‘killer drones’ but sadly the guest commentator will be the ‘rent a speaker‘ former Col Kemp.

The Howard Hughes show starting now on TalkRadio: 22:00 06/06/21 will be talking about leaked items from the upcoming US disclosure.

The show will also discuss ‘killer drones’ but sadly the guest commentator will be the ‘rent a speaker‘ former Col Kemp.
Whaaaat? Not MoD's own top secret head of X-Files Investigation Branch Nick Pope? (No, not the goalie and no, not the 3* general: Another Nick Pope.)

Slime

LE
Whaaaat? Not MoD's own top secret head of X-Files Investigation Branch Nick Pope? (No, not the goalie and no, not the 3* general: Another Nick Pope.)

He was on there too. I just didn’t hear him mentioned in the intro.

I love the Howard Hughes show as it’s often a really good way to just sit and relax while listening to 100% moon howlery :)

I was listening to one of the old podcast versions within the last week, and the guest was a flat earther………his theories were priceless :)

Remind me, did he go to Afghanistan?

Slime

LE
Remind me, did he go to Afghanistan?

I’m not sure, he never mentions it…………….

Although, and to be fair to Kemp, he never really does refer to it in interviews. He is introduced as ‘the former commander of British forces in Afghanistan’ by the radio/TV presenters who introduce him.

But, to be less fair to him, he never says ‘why are you asking me, my info is literally decades out of date’.

Slime

LE
With regards to Nick Pope.

I can imagine that while he was working for MoD he could have taken a call saying a low flying Tornado had caused a sheep to abort the birth of a lamb.

If he retold the tale now it would involve Martians carrying out cattle mutilations while fighting a land war around Rudloe Manor. :)

I can imagine that while he was working for MoD he could have taken a call saying a low flying Tornado had caused a sheep to abort the birth of a lamb.

If he retold the tale now it would involve Martians carrying out cattle mutilations while fighting a land war around Rudloe Manor. :)
I don't even think he was involved in the message taking, investigations or analysis. My impression is that he was the D Grade CS who had unusual air activity reports forwarded to him from all over the shop and put them into a filing system. Someone has to do the collating. Nowadays, he'd be the guy typing them into a spreadsheet.

I don't even think he was involved in the message taking, investigations or analysis. My impression is that he was the D Grade CS who had unusual air activity reports forwarded to him from all over the shop and put them into a filing system. Someone has to do the collating. Nowadays, he'd be the guy typing them into a spreadsheet.
100% correct. I took quite a few reports when I was a controller at the Air Traffic Control Centre for Scotland. Just filled in the form and sent it off.

Slime

LE

Let’s be clear. :)
I’m not saying I agree with anything he says, but having heard him on TV and Radio for many years I find him more and more entertaining (as opposed to factual, honest or having integrity). His newly found wealth and fame in the USA has seen his job title seemingly change from civil servant to the head of the U.K. UFO investigation department :)

His newly found wealth and fame in the USA has seen his job title seemingly change from civil servant to the head of the U.K. UFO investigation department :)
He probably was, with a staff of 1. Not many governments take UFOs seriously.

Slime

LE

In recent years many conspiracy shows have talked about how the U.K. have cut the UFO investigation department from the MOD to save money.
It seems that the cost saving for closing ‘the department’ is said to have saved the MOD………………wait for it……….

£20,000.

There is an interesting summary of the Ministry of Defense report, UAP in the UK Air Defence Region here:

The actual report is here:
Ministry of Defence | Freedom of Information | Publication Scheme | Search Publication Scheme | Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) in the UK Air Defence Region

A searchable zipfile of the report is here:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Much of that is conjecture, bad reporting and media sensationalism with too much confirmation bias in people reporting those supposed events. No TV series in "a cow died and it was PM'd by the vet as XYZ" when the cow can "have been mutilated and probed to death by aliens then eaten by red eyed bullet proof monsters".

The black UFO is almost certainly a fly.

The black helicopter that was unidentifiable (odd as they had binoculars) was the red and white Bell Reg:N545SA doing power line surveys. FR24 and the owners confirm it was there at the time.

The EMF readings could be from their own kit, nearby radio station, phone towers, the nearby airport or the radio weather station on the farm.

The "massive object" could be a number of things. Most likely a geological anomaly, an extrusion containing a lot of haematite/magnetite. Dunno without seeing the geophysical data.

PC Rational Plod says "Nothing to see here ladeez and gennulmen. Move on".

four and a half million dollars is a lot of money to pay for a ranch where supposedly nothing is going on.

Not many governments take UFOs seriously.

Perhaps not, but the United States are looking at the reports.
"The (US) Department of Defense and the military departments take any incursions by unauthorized aircraft into our training ranges or designated airspace very seriously and examine each report. This includes examinations of incursions that are initially reported as UAP when the observer cannot immediately identify what he or she is observing. "

I'd be more inclined to go with the smoke and mirrors theory. Use it all as a cover for tech they've developed and want to keep quiet for as long as possible.

Perhaps not, but the United States are looking at the reports.
"The (US) Department of Defense and the military departments take any incursions by unauthorized aircraft into our training ranges or designated airspace very seriously and examine each report. This includes examinations of incursions that are initially reported as UAP when the observer cannot immediately identify what he or she is observing. "

Logically they are septics. Why don't they shoot at this stuff? Something odd about these "sightings". My bet is they are trying to fool us into thinking they have stuff from hanger 51/7.
Personally I think that it's ew and the rest is imagination. Something our cousin's have in abundance.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

the US government - and the military - has taken this subject very seriously indeed going all the way back to the 40's over Europe and the first sightings of Foo Fighters. there is a very big difference between what they say they do and what they actually have, and continue, to do. I've probably said this before but the water now is so muddied in this respect I doubt no one will ever know exactly what the story is. but even the USAFs own Project Blue Book had hundreds of cases they couldn't explain when it was concluded. the USAF said (again) in 2003 they were no longer investigating any cases, but quietly started the AATIP project in 2007 - Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program - Wikipedia - $22 million a year is chicken feed by defence budget standards, but why spend it if there's absolutely no interest?

now as to what the nature of the phenomenon is - whether it be a cover for secret prototypes (theirs, ours, or someone elses), just plain misinformation for the hell of it or the first steps in the Quagaar invasion, who can say. it's a total hall of mirrors, but one where you can't be sure of where the entrance or exit is - or indeed if you're even in it to begin with. I don't subscribe to any one theory in particular, I just find the whole thing absolutely fascinating. even if there was conclusive proof it was all just mass hysteria and hallucinations, I'd still be fascinated.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

he was introduced a while back on of these Discovery channel UFO shows as 'the UK's Fox Mulder'.

er...ok... :)

Slime

LE
I met Pope when he was in that role. It was, as others have suggested, a case of his just logging the letters, and writing back - 'Thank you for letting us know about your recent sighting of...'.
He had a very small room at Main Building. A one-man band, correspondence-handling. There was no wandering around forests in East Anglia, hi-tech kit in hand and the role required no 'experience' or technical background. If the role was what Pope says it was, the team (and there wasn't one :)) would have been led by a scientist or retired Squadron Leader.
I have a sort (very minimal) grudging respect for his taking a very minor past
role and using it as the basis for a career. It shows how far 'front' can take one.

The MOD is said to have saved £20,000 by axing Popes ‘department’.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets paid that for appearing on just one episode of a US conspiracy/UFO show these days.

I reckon he’s raking in the cash now he’s in the US.

The MOD is said to have saved £20,000 by axing Popes ‘department’.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets paid that for appearing on just one episode of a US conspiracy/UFO show these days.

I reckon he’s raking in the cash now he’s in the US.
So the capitation cost for one D Grade, plus all the dept admin costs was only £20k? I would be very surprised if it was not at least three times that.

Last edited:

Latest Threads