NASA Feeds, UFOs and other unusual things in the sky

BigT

LE
@Robbo_72 in #449

The first video is debunked here:
NYT: GIMBAL Video of U.S. Navy Jet Encounter with Unknown Object

I didn’t bother with the second video as it’s pretty obvious that there “may” be ETs. It’s equally obvious that there may not.

Edit. Just watched it. It’s the same thing, so is therefore debunked as well. Elizondo is a well known UFO preacher and self-publicist.
It seems the DoD in the US had made it easier for aviators to report unusual sightings.

‘Wow, What Is That?’ Navy Pilots Report Unexplained Flying Objects

This headline made me laugh.

Massive supernova explosion 'could have made humans walk upright'

It just painted a mind picture of a proto-hominid happily scrabbling about on all fours in the undergrowth. when all of a sudden................ a bfo supernova.

"Jeeeeeesus Christ!.......What the f*ck was that?!!", he screamed out in fright as the shock made him jump to his feet.

The article proved something of a let down after that. Not how I'd pictured it at all.

Nick Pope walts!
Is the Pope catholic?? lol :p

Anyone remember the Channel 4 or5 documentary A Very British UFO Hoax back in 2002 about group of engineers in the south of UK built a large R/C flying suacer albeit with a red light. They flew it over the cuntryside to see locals reaction (with the permit of CAA SRG man at LGW who laughingly said never had to certify a 'spaceship' as it was larger than avergae R/C a/c).
The team strategically placed themselves so many km apart so not to lose LoS.

As expected the result was lotsa phone calls to the cops.

It just painted a mind picture of a proto-hominid happily scrabbling about on all fours in the undergrowth. when all of a sudden................ a bfo supernova.

"Jeeeeeesus Christ!.......What the f*ck was that?!!", he screamed out in fright as the shock made him jump to his feet.

The article proved something of a let down after that. Not how I'd pictured it at all.
The abstract of the original article throws a slightly different slant on things (sadly the full article is paywalled):

Multiple lines of evidence point to one or more moderately nearby supernovae, with the strongest signal at ∼2.6 Ma. We build on previous work to argue for the likelihood of cosmic ray ionization of the atmosphere and electron cascades leading to more frequent lightning and therefore an increase in nitrate deposition and wildfires. The potential exists for a large increase in the prehuman nitrate flux onto the surface, which has previously been argued to lead to CO2 drawdown and cooling of the climate. Evidence for increased wildfires exists in an increase in soot and carbon deposits over the relevant period. The wildfires would have contributed to the transition from forest to savanna in northeast Africa, long argued to have been a factor in the evolution of hominin bipedalism.
The first sentence is a bit contentious as we tend to get one supernova roughly every 250million years. So it’s unlikely we had “one or more” (although not impossible).

The gap between the supernovae and Monkey Boy walking upright is probably somewhere between 1.5-2million years. Not exactly a eureka moment.

Your proto-hominid should also be credited with invention of the word ‘anachronism’ long, long, long before the Greeks. :)

BigT

LE
The abstract of the original article throws a slightly different slant on things (sadly the full article is paywalled):

Multiple lines of evidence point to one or more moderately nearby supernovae, with the strongest signal at ∼2.6 Ma. We build on previous work to argue for the likelihood of cosmic ray ionization of the atmosphere and electron cascades leading to more frequent lightning and therefore an increase in nitrate deposition and wildfires. The potential exists for a large increase in the prehuman nitrate flux onto the surface, which has previously been argued to lead to CO2 drawdown and cooling of the climate. Evidence for increased wildfires exists in an increase in soot and carbon deposits over the relevant period. The wildfires would have contributed to the transition from forest to savanna in northeast Africa, long argued to have been a factor in the evolution of hominin bipedalism.
The first sentence is a bit contentious as we tend to get one supernova roughly every 250million years. So it’s unlikely we had “one or more” (although not impossible).

The gap between the supernovae and Monkey Boy walking upright is probably somewhere between 1.5-2million years. Not exactly a eureka moment.
I'm by no means an expert but I'm pretty sure the occurrence of a supernova in our Galaxy is far more frequent than every 250 million years and in the observable universe they are going off all the time. I think Betelgeuse will be the next near event but it's unlikely to be in our lifetime.

GreyArea

War Hero
"The most recent supernova to be seen in the Milky Way galaxy was SN 1604, which was observed October 9, 1604. Several people, including Johannes van Heeck, noted the sudden appearance of this star, but it was Johannes Kepler who became noted for his systematic study of the object".

The Last Supernova: 400-Year-Old Explosion Imaged

History of supernova observation - Wikipedia

(Edited to add that apparently this was the latest one to pop off)

NASA - Discovery of Most Recent Supernova in Our Galaxy

I'm by no means an expert but I'm pretty sure the occurrence of a supernova in our Galaxy is far more frequent than every 250 million years and in the observable universe they are going off all the time. I think Betelgeuse will be the next near event but it's unlikely to be in our lifetime.
Good point. My bad for lacking clarity.

When I said “we get” I meant locally within the Milky Way.

On average, a supernova explosion occurs within 10 parsecs (33 light-years) of the Earth every 240 million years.[a] Gamma rays are responsible for most of the adverse effects a supernova can have on a living terrestrial planet. In Earth's case, gamma rays induce radiolysis of diatomic N2 and O2 in the upper atmosphere, converting molecular nitrogen and oxygen into nitrogen oxides, depleting the ozone layer enough to expose the surface to harmful solar and cosmic radiation (mainly ultra-violet). Phytoplankton and reef communities would be particularly affected, which could severely deplete the base of the marine food chain.
In many respects this periodicity is a good thing as supernovae are not exactly a bundle of laughs for their stellar neighbours.

Betelgeuse going supernovae probably won’t do us any favours. Good overview here: The Betelgeuse Supernova | HuffPost

BigT

LE
Good point. My bad for lacking clarity.

When I said “we get” I meant locally within the Milky Way.

On average, a supernova explosion occurs within 10 parsecs (33 light-years) of the Earth every 240 million years.[a] Gamma rays are responsible for most of the adverse effects a supernova can have on a living terrestrial planet. In Earth's case, gamma rays induce radiolysis of diatomic N2 and O2 in the upper atmosphere, converting molecular nitrogen and oxygen into nitrogen oxides, depleting the ozone layer enough to expose the surface to harmful solar and cosmic radiation (mainly ultra-violet). Phytoplankton and reef communities would be particularly affected, which could severely deplete the base of the marine food chain.
In many respects this periodicity is a good thing as supernovae are not exactly a bundle of laughs for their stellar neighbours.

Betelgeuse going supernovae probably won’t do us any favours. Good overview here: The Betelgeuse Supernova | HuffPost
So there could be trouble in 100.000 years, I best start start stocking my Supernova cupboard in case it effects the Supermarket supply chain.

I appreciate this is going neck deep into tin foil territory but fascinating nonetheless:

Pentyrch Incident (Feb 2016) (just outside Cardiff). Allegedly RAF sentry aircraft showed up in the skies circling the area a few days before the object appeared. Between 2am-4am on the Friday a large black pyramid structure materialised which also sent out green/red coloured barrel sized objects. Afterwards a very loud explosion was heard which shook the windows of a local hospital and alarmed a number of residents. Apparently there was a flight of low-flying Apache gunships spotted and a lot of military activity and other unusual things. Official story is this was just part of a military exercise that has been going on in the UK.

UFOs and NATO The Human Mutilation Cover Up Richard D Hall
UFO's & NATO The Human Mutilation Cover up (2015 update)

Also interesting to read this article on Paul Sinclair and about military activity he and others witnessed after a big UFO sighting:

EXCLUSIVE: Military swamped beach after spate of UFO sightings in new 'British Roswell'

Coming back down to Earth with the subject of cryptids. Apparently the U.S government is involved in a cover-up surrounding the existence of cryptids namely bigfoot and dogman (they look like werewolves, seriously) which people who live in the sticks routinely encounter. It seems on occasion they like to harass and even attack people which is when they deploy special forces 'kill teams' to neutralise them. They even send out agents from the Department of the Interior to silence eyewitnesses in order to maintain general ignorance about them. Because if knowledge of their existence and the government's activities got out, then it would cause an economic and political crisis. National parks, logging areas, hiking trails/camp sites would have to be shut down which would levy an enormous cost on the U.S economy. People would be too scared to venture out into the woods (along with ********* going out to hunt them and getting killed), they'd likely have to declare these creatures (certainly sasquatch) an endangered species. People would also be demanding answers and heads over why the government kept quiet about a lot of people going missing and ending up dead because of these cryptids.

Dogman
SC EP:403 Encountering the strange [Members] (skip to 16:32)

Dogman Encounters Episode 256 (Tennessee Dogman Encounters)

EVIL Dogman STORIES from LBL!! REAL Dogman STORIES/ENCOUNTERS! Episode:35 Crypto PTSD

Bigfoot
SC EP:270 Open Mics – Behind The Scenes
(skip to 56:16)

SC EP:413 Grassman gone wild skip to 36:30)

SC EP:434 Strange Lights In The Woods (skip to 24:32)

I also think these are worth a listen/read:

SC EP:68 The “Insider” Part 2 [Members] (go to 24:53 for special forces reference)

SC EP:71 Down the rabbit hole part 2

Oregon Bigfoot file #767

To top it off, people claim to see bigfoot/dogman in the UK as well. Paul Sinclair (same guy as in the Daily Express article above) shared some encounters:

Dogman Encounters Episode 230 (More UK Dogman Encounters) plus this story from 2016 Terrified woman claims she saw an 8foot tall and fanged WEREWOLF walking on two legs

Depending on which way you swing. You can either see it all as an entertaining work of fiction designed to fool impressionable and gullible minds. Or that it's true and there's a hell of a lot we don't know about this world and indeed the universe.

Enjoy

I only had a quick gander at the first incident you linked to, the one near Cardiff.

Call me Sitting Bull but I have reservations.

It seems likely that there was a strong military presence in the area at the time. Or at the very least a lot of aerial activity. However, in an age when phone camera/video is almost universal there are no photos or video. There are pencil drawings after the event but they were probably just influenced by reports.

If the military say it was an exercise then it probably was. It seems more likely that the military were playing games near the Brecon Beacons (a known activity) than Grand Muff Zargon decided to visit S. Wales (less well documented).

There was a large military exercise in South Wales in February 2016, with Apaches, Chinooks and all sorts parked in a field near Llantrisant or thereabouts (in previous years they've used Kenfig Hill and Templeton Training Area - the bastards kept me awake before a shift during the Templeton one). It's a bi-annual event and was known about several months in advance, which does indicate that the suggestion that it was a response to ET is utter bollocks.

Large aircraft flying out over the Pentyrch area is absolutely not uncommon if they're flying circuits around Cardiff Airport, which I've seen before on many occasions; last year I saw an RAF Atlas doing circuits around Cardiff for several hours, landing west to east and then circuiting around over Pentyrch and the Valleys, before coming back in from Bridgend. There's also a commercial aviation training school (owned by Iron Maiden front-man Bruce Dickinson) operating out of St Athan and Cardiff, as well as a British Airways 747 maintenance depot at Cardiff, so large civilian jets doing circuits at relatively low level is absolutely not unusual in that area and civvies with no aircraft recognition experience could easily assume that they were military.

As for a Sentry being involved... Why would a Sentry doing its job be visible from the ground?

I only had a quick gander at the first incident you linked to, the one near Cardiff.

Call me Sitting Bull but I have reservations.

It seems likely that there was a strong military presence in the area at the time. Or at the very least a lot of aerial activity. However, in an age when phone camera/video is almost universal there are no photos or video. There are pencil drawings after the event but they were probably just influenced by reports.

If the military say it was an exercise then it probably was. It seems more likely that the military were playing games near the Brecon Beacons (a known activity) than Grand Muff Zargon decided to visit S. Wales (less well documented).

Seeing as it's Sioux Crazy Horse I can understand your reservations.

Although much like how you wouldn't judge a 20-chapter book after only reading 2 chapters, it would be better to watch the whole thing to get the full picture. At 1:22:52 Gary Jones explains why there was no photographic/video evidence because one of the witnesses 'Dave' tried to record it on his mobile but it wouldn't switch on (and later on it 'died' on him). Gary thinks it was due to the sentry aircraft jamming it, I would say it could be as a result of strong electromagnetic interference (which is something commonly reported in UFO sightings but who knows).

Yes it's far more likely to be something much more mundane like a military exercise but these eyewitness accounts dispute that. Which leaves it open to the possibility that Zargo the Great wanted to make a grand entrance.

Exercise Chameleon. February 2016.

Interesting chain of correspondence from the MOD here:

Military Exercise Chameleon 25th - 26th February 2016 - a Freedom of Information request to Ministry of Defence

You don’t need to be a tinfoiler to think “Ah, Chameleon. I wonder what might have been happening/being tested there”.

There have been various “Chameleons” over the years.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Sometimes it isn't. I've never heard of a cigar that's shaped like a pyramid with christmas lights and floating green and red orbs but then I suppose it's what's in it....or not ;).

There was a large military exercise in South Wales in February 2016, with Apaches, Chinooks and all sorts parked in a field near Llantrisant or thereabouts (in previous years they've used Kenfig Hill and Templeton Training Area - the bastards kept me awake before a shift during the Templeton one). It's a bi-annual event and was known about several months in advance, which does indicate that the suggestion that it was a response to ET is utter bollocks.
Fair point, but what it 'suggests' and what it actually was are two different things. There's eyewitness accounts which contradict the official story (never heard of a black pyramid with christmas lights and floating red/green orbs before). You have the strange EMF readings (although this could be a naturally occurring and let's say we're open to multiple device failure), the odd weather, the unusual damage to the trees which were quickly removed and of course the loud bangs/explosions heard around 4:20am. Now I'd imagine some exercises have to be conducted at night but would you fire off ordinance over a residential area? There was also the report of one Apache gunship billowing smoke from its cockpit so if we were to give the benefit of the doubt we could say it was just a mechanical fault...

Large aircraft flying out over the Pentyrch area is absolutely not uncommon if they're flying circuits around Cardiff Airport, which I've seen before on many occasions; last year I saw an RAF Atlas doing circuits around Cardiff for several hours, landing west to east and then circuiting around over Pentyrch and the Valleys, before coming back in from Bridgend. There's also a commercial aviation training school (owned by Iron Maiden front-man Bruce Dickinson) operating out of St Athan and Cardiff, as well as a British Airways 747 maintenance depot at Cardiff, so large civilian jets doing circuits at relatively low level is absolutely not unusual in that area and civvies with no aircraft recognition experience could easily assume that they were military.
But the civilians who identified these aircraft were aviation enthusiasts so I don't see how they'd have 'no aircraft recognition experience'. Which aircraft were civilian? Also the two explosions with an Apache that had a smoking cockpit making an emergency landing at Cardiff Airport is very strange. Yes, it could be a mechanical fault but you'd think with such a loud bang/explosion (rattling the windows at the hospital and leaving a very thick smoke trail) either something crashed or some sort of ordinance was fired (over a residential area).

As for a Sentry being involved... Why would a Sentry doing its job be visible from the ground?
Perhaps because it was tracking/waiting for something that's much more advanced than normal. They said it and other aircraft appeared to know something was coming. It's discussed in the presentation.

They weren't 'firing ordnance over a populated area'. The infantry were firing blank ammunition (and letting off some sim-bangs) on Llantrisant Common. The ex had been advertised to the local population for MONTHS in advance and it was well covered in the local press and TV news in advance - just as the ones at Kenfig and Templeton were, as are the various amphibious exercises off Castlemartin, etc, etc...

'Aviation enthusiasts' would have a clue about what the Sentry (that well-known mobile phone jamming aircraft) is, what it does and what sort of altitude it operates at. I therefore call bullshit on 'aviation enthusiasts' having any credible or relevant experience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Spank-it The Science Forum 24
Spank-it The Science Forum 39
pc supa The NAAFI Bar 30

Latest Threads