NASA Feeds, UFOs and other unusual things in the sky

I came across this

NASA 'cuts live feed after mysterious object appears in space'

and having had a quick search, there doesnt appear to be much discussion on UFOs. Now the link refers to a recent sighting. Lots of commentary about the NASA feeds being taken down and coming back up with technical faults, funnily enough just at the point where strange lights are seen.

We've had speculation over the years and photos of various air forces being buzzed.

An alternative to Trump and BREXIT in the Int Cell for those who need an escape from the shouting match.

What do you reckon then. Anyone seen one and is there real evidence?

ACAB

LE
Can't remember who said it but along the lines of "The only thing more frightening than discovering we are not alone in the universe is discovering we are".

I came across this

NASA 'cuts live feed after mysterious object appears in space'

and having had a quick search, there doesnt appear to be much discussion on UFOs. Now the link refers to a recent sighting. Lots of commentary about the NASA feeds being taken down and coming back up with technical faults, funnily enough just at the point where strange lights are seen.

We've had speculation over the years and photos of various air forces being buzzed.

An alternative to Trump and BREXIT in the Int Cell for those who need an escape from the shouting match.

What do you reckon then. Anyone seen one and is there real evidence?
Whilst I'm lying there dying of pain in bed, I watch a bit of the Blaze channel (at least it 's not Hollyoaks), and they're well into their UFOs and stuff.

http://www.ancient-code.com/ancient-egyptian-papyrus-reveals-extraterrestrials-visited-egypt-in-the-past/

This is quite interesting. Things like this intrigue me, but since no-one has explained the correlation between Baby Jesus and dinosaurs yet, I'll just pretend I'm a simpleton.

There is stacks of similar footage on youtube. I reckon its just space junk as there is apparently tons of it up there. The conspiracy theorists love to speculate about it though for their agendas.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
There is stacks of similar footage on youtube. I reckon its just space junk as there is apparently tons of it up there. The conspiracy theorists love to speculate about it though for their agendas.
I fučking hate conspiracy theorists, flat earth theorists, creationists, arrse moderators in general and the Duke in particular.
Fučking waste of rations, the lot of them.

True, but we have plenty of lads and lasses on here who must have wondered as they lay on their backs watching the satellites fly over 'WTF is that?' +I am sure there are plenty of crabs with a good tale or two to impart - official secret act permitting (of course)

And

Plenty of shots like this about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but we have plenty of lads and lasses on here who must have wondered as they lay on their backs watching the satellites fly over 'WTF is that?' +I am sure there are plenty of crabs with a good tale or two to impart - official secret act permitting (of course)
Not satellites. That's the ISS you're seeing.

ACAB

LE
Up until quite recently, the plod had a printed UFO form that had to be completed and sent to the MOD.

I fučking hate conspiracy theorists, flat earth theorists, creationists, arrse moderators in general and the Duke in particular.
Fučking waste of rations, the lot of them.
Not satellites. That's the ISS you're seeing.
Any chance you can make your mind up who you're going to post as?

Any chance you can make your mind up who you're going to post as?
I'll do as I please. If you must know, it's because DL is permanently logged in but I usually use incognito mode where I log in as Offendi.

Happy now?

Garbage.

Space garbage that is.

Plenty of maps of space junk around. Just Google "map of space junk".

You have to wonder about the mentality of the hard of thinking:

Mr Craddick is convinced it must be proof of alien life because ‘nothing human can fly that high’.
Well, apart from the ISS possibly.

Can't remember who said it but along the lines of "The only thing more frightening than discovering we are not alone in the universe is discovering we are".
Arthur C Clarke.

Various versions of it:

"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

"Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the idea is quite staggering."

jim30

LE
The MOd used to have a ufo desk because it was a great means of identifying the odd missile test or russian/ warsaw pact activity that we didnt necessarily know about. Nothing to do with little green men!

I have seen a 'ufo' once in my life in Kenya - big game reserve, fifty km from nearest settlement in the samburu region. Darkest nights i have ever seen and best views of milky way imagineable.

One night all the lodge (about 10 guests) were eating outside, when there was a commotion among the local staff. We all looked up and over the mountain (some 2-3 miles away) was a swirling green vortex roughly in the shape of a circle that had a black hole in the centre. It was motionless for about 30 seconds, then started moving right to left across the sky before vanishing. It felt malevolent and something that should not have been there.

Not a plane, not a cloud (clear skies), not fireworks and i genuinely have no idea what isaw. The local staff were genuinely freaked out, and had never seen anything like it, and the radio had people from the town 50km away radioiing in going 'wtf is that thing'.
Whatever it was, it was sufficiently weird to collectively freak out about 30 people including some very experienced african safari guides.

What makes you think you can't see satellites?
Seen. I originally thought you could see satellites. Seen first in Canada.

But then I discovered 'that it's the ISS'

Certainly, it's always been the ISS when I've seen anything and bothered to check. Remember how much bigger the ISS is than a satellite.

Anyway, google suggests that you can see satellites after all so well done you. Help yourself to a werthers original. Try not to choose the one that's been up my arse.

Seen. I originally thought you could see satellites. Seen first in Canada.

But then I discovered 'that it's the ISS'

Certainly, it's always been the ISS when I've seen anything and bothered to check. Remember how much bigger the ISS is than a satellite.

Anyway, google suggests that you can see satellites after all so well done you. Help yourself to a werthers original. Try not to choose the one that's been up my arse.
Another topic to add to the ever growing list of things you know absolutely nothing about, yet have the need to comment on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Spank-it The Science Forum 24
Spank-it The Science Forum 39
pc supa The NAAFI Bar 30

Latest Threads