Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napoleon’s Paris

Napoleon’s Paris

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Review by Onetenner

I’d like to start by saying this book was an absolute pleasure to read, it’s written authoritatively, with enthusiasm and an easy pace to follow. To my mind, a lot of books of this ilk can be too stilted and dry, this has a good flow and the author’s clear enthusiasm shines through.

All of that may sound a bit odd for a Guide Book – in reality, it’s much more. There is a very comprehensive guide to the important (and some less so) sites of the era, for me, the...

Click here to read the full review.....

Review by Onetenner

I’d like to start by saying this book was an absolute pleasure to read, it’s written authoritatively, with enthusiasm and an easy pace to follow. To my mind, a lot of books of this ilk can be too stilted and dry, this has a good flow and the author’s clear enthusiasm shines through.

All of that may sound a bit odd for a Guide Book – in reality, it’s much more. There is a very comprehensive guide to the important (and some less so) sites of the era, for me, the...

Click here to read the full review.....
Any mention of when Napoleon stayed in Southport and liked the architecture so much that he modelled parts of Paris like Southport (Lord Street am thinking)?

Aye, Lord Street, all cast iron lamposts leading onto small arcades of little shops. Gorgeous. Never done Paris, but I know how it smells from Southport.

Latest Threads