Nanny state to assess babies

#1
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/education/article1512096.ece

The government now wants to assess babies on their ability to gurgle, and five-year-olds on their ability to be PC...

Nurseries and childminders will be required to monitor the babbling of babies to check their development under a new curriculum for the underfives.

The 54-page legal framework and 114-page curriculum set out 69 “early learning goals” that every child should reach by the end of their reception year at primary school. The goals range from being able to write simple words to knowing the difference between right and wrong and “understanding people have different needs, views, cultures and beliefs”.

Toddlers should be able to “rub a rusk around their feeding tray” to show that they are interested in making marks, and “enjoy babbling”.
I believe that they have totally lost the plot this time...

Further comment on this:

http://dailyablution.blogs.com/the_daily_ablution/2007/03/miscellany.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23388986-details/Nationalising of childhood/article.do
 
#2
stoatman said:
Toddlers should be able to “rub a rusk around their feeding tray” to show that they are interested in making marks, and “enjoy babbling”.
It does sound as though Prescott is somehow involved.
 
#3
:pissedoff: Un-be-lievable!

If I wasn't already totally unkeen on the breeding thing that would completely put me off.

New Liarbour: the party of small government and liberty! (Just you watch them spin it!)
 
#4
my Son likes to take all his clothes off and dance in front of the telly ASSESS THAT ONE BLAIR
 
#5
MSI64 said:
my Son likes to take all his clothes off and dance in front of the telly...
My friend's toddler does that too, playing with his bits at the same time, but usually only when there're guests there. I think he's going to be a squaddie when he grows up! :D
 
#6
DozyBint said:
MSI64 said:
my Son likes to take all his clothes off and dance in front of the telly...
My friend's toddler does that too, playing with his bits at the same time, but usually only when there're guests there. I think he's going to be a squaddie when he grows up! :D
Yep thats the one he only seems to do it when its Girls aloud or Christina so I aint really worried yet
 
#7
And what will happen if a baby is not meeting these preposterous targets? Will it be put on special measures' by OfCot, and given remedial education in rusk manoeuvres or rattle technique?
From the This Is London article. Somebody else doubts this ridiculous scheme. Still, there's always somewhere to shove the rusks.
 
#8
don't be daft - rattles are now outlawed under health and safety legislation
 
#9
And probably not so well received as somebody said "Chew on it"
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top