Nanny State really has gone insane

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Sep 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mothers are banned from looking after each other's children

"Two working mothers have been banned from looking after each other's toddlers because they are not registered childminders.

The close friends' private arrangement had let them both return to part-time jobs at the same company.

However, a whistleblower reported them to the education watchdog Ofsted and it found their informal deal broke the law."

Some might think the core of the problem is the fcukwits of Ofsted interpreting the word "Reward" too widely but that is just a symptom and Vernon Coaker has already sensed the danger of this latest piece of stupidity and will be giving them a good kicking.

Real problem is the control mania that grips this government that enables such nonsenses in the first place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216220/Mothers-banned-looking-children.html

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's been a long time coming, but now, they are the de-facto parents who make the rules and define how we as unpaid state-endorsed rearers (no, not that kind) of citizen children, who must be guided, or governed by state rules and limitations.

The state has basically subverted the parent and has taken ownership of breeding by humans in the UK.

Thanks Labour - I couldn't have done it without you.

3. Down my way, on the local news.

A lad drowned on a section of river, so the local council thought it would put some warning signs up on that section about the dangers of swiiming in the river.

Now this is the cruncher.......

They have been advised that if they put these signs up they could then be liable for any further injury/death.

Try figuring that out????

4. In the future the population will consist of passive, compliant citizens who conform to a set of standards laid down by the government. Resistance is futile comrade, the state knows what's best for you and you will comply.

Depressing though the thought is I can't see any government of any colour rolling back the state. This is now a country where the prevailing attitude is 'you can't do that/that could potentially be dangerous/this could possibly save up to 'x' number of lives' and all that sort of sh!te. I also wonder what kind of sad, sick person the whistleblower is. Probably works for New Labour in fact.

And on that note, I'm off to exceed my government defined drinking limits while I still have the freedom to.

5. It's far too early for you to be drinking. As a good citizen, I shall have to report it to the local Gestapo. :twisted:

6. Understanding we are all frustrated by the decline of Britain as it sinks into some sort of ugly, faceless, swamp of political correctness, insane rules, regulations and laws, (passed by God knows who), we sit back and do nothing.

Nameless council bureaucrats enforcing rules and policies that defy common sense, lawless thugs, drunken louts and feral mobs running wild, what is going on?

Even in our smaller cities and larger towns, at night, the baying gangs of armed and dangerous hoodlums are in command. Decent people live in fear.

Yet, the council and police are more concerned about wheelie bins put out too early.

Then, we have the travelers flaunting the law, taking control of land for another illegal encampment that becomes a de facto town.

Uncontrolled illegal immigration, with enormous impact on our schools, straining council resources so much British people can not get assistance...
    and many of these immigrants will never assimilate.

This decline is maddening.

What can we do to regain control of our nation?

7. Stories like this are just bloody depressing. IMO, ofsted have just indicated that their funding could be halted and the money saved used to pay off some government debt. I wonder what Labour's opinion is? :evil:

8. No need. We're already onto it :twisted:

9. Thought the title of this thread was slightly ironic!

10. This is exactly the problem, it isn't our nation any more. This Government has cynically denationalised our country and re engineered society to a degree where it's virtually impossible to turn the clocks back. The cancer is now so deep and well spread, that a new Government would have to be tougher even than Maggie T's. Digging the country out of massive debt (again) has to be the main priority of a new lot, so getting to grips with all the carefully planted lefties won't be a priority. Assuming Cameron wins, he should see the need of a hatchet man, someone like a young Tebbit might just be tough enough to clean out this nest of vipers before we're the basket case of Europe yet again. Of cause, it'll be even worse if Ireland vote yes to Europe. Enter team Blair. :x :x

11. Sadly, you are right. When I meet with Yanks, Aussies, Canadians, etc whom have not been here before, or for many years, their expressed shock is quite obvious. They come here expecting Britain, but, end up with a swamp of multi-cultural folk whom have no interest in integrating.

Anyone been around Paddington station in recent months? Looks like Baghdad, except the people are not as friendly.

We need a govt that will enforce the laws...and listen to the people.

12. Very discomforting to live in a country which used to be home, with a level playing field and your own identity. "They" suppressed that.

The lines are blurred, shopkeepers have scary powers, civilians Police us, cameras watch us, migrants overrun us. Who the fcuk are we, any more.

13. You all sound like DUP voters, could do worse than move here....even the green bits are better than the pish you angles have to put up with darrn sarrf. Ah well fookin tighten you for stealing Britain in the first place.

14. We haven't stolen it. It is still (roughly) where it was before anyone lived over here.

15. Dear Liebour! THX1138 was a warning, NOT a blueprint of how to run a society! :x

[​IMG]