Nanny State (again)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, May 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

Perhaps the lady should consider legal action against the council and Home Office for breaches of the Data Protection Act.
    This is what ID cards will be used for - so renew your passport this month!

Next initiative - "5 Times Front to Back" to ensure that **** hygeine is within government targets. Stop-and-sniff powers, with a £1000 fine and 6 months in jail for non-compliance.

2. Sounds like a job for you :) will you be running the training? :D

They were also trying to be nice, I'm sure all they could see was that stuff was there, rather than what it was

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I imagine that even the minimum-wage holders of these Home Office non-jobs would be able to distinguish the difference between a map, a comic and a wooden cross and items such as mobile phones, laptops and other valuables. No doubt they're on the usual sort of Neu Arbeit scheme whereby they must reach some sort of target for the number of reports made, so that quantity is more important than quality.

4. It is all a bit 1984, regardless of how nice they were trying to be. What I find most illustrative in this case is that "joined up government" seems to be working here but in the case of oooh..let's say the NHS records service or the Family Tax Credits they couldn't find their arsse in the dark with BOTH hands...

Maybe now Charles Clarke has so much time on his hands he could become some sort of "arsse from elbow" Czar? Obviously someone will need to explain the difference to him first...