Nanawatai

Not really a great advertisement for the joys of living in Russia is it

ACAB

LE
I would hazard a guess that the only thing that saved his life was possibly that he was a Muslim?

ACAB

LE
Is that a wah?
Not at all Mate. Obviously the Mujahideen of old were a damn sight more humane than the scum who raise the black flag nowadays.

Precious

Old-Salt
Not at all Mate. Obviously the Mujahideen of old were a damn sight more humane than the scum who raise the black flag nowadays.
I think that Pashtunwali code runs very deep, although i am assuming it was a Pashtun that saved his life, or that the same culture runs through Tajik, Hazara, etc

Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl looked pretty well nourished on his release - better than the Guantanimo inmates are fairing.

And sorry, who waves the black flag? If that's the Pakistani 'Taliban' then i would agree with you.

I thought the Taliban's was a white flag.

ACAB

LE
I think that Pashtunwali code runs very deep, although i am assuming it was a Pashtun that saved his life, or that the same culture runs through Tajik, Hazara, etc

Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl looked pretty well nourished on his release - better than the Guantanimo inmates are fairing.

And sorry, who waves the black flag? If that's the Pakistani 'Taliban' then i would agree with you.

I thought the Taliban's was a white flag.
Any proof?

I would hazard a guess that the only thing that saved his life was possibly that he was a Muslim?
Apparently he wasn't a Muslim originally but became a convert.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sheikh Abdullah was his adopted name.

His Russian family name is very apt for a soldier i though - Khakimov.
...which is the Russified form of "Bakhretdin Hakim". My guess is that he's a Tartar of some description and his family went secular sometime after the 1920s.

Latest Threads