Names - the eccentricity thread

At the risk of being very boring - certainly I must be in to triple figures on how many times I have said this over the years - NO NAMES or direct identification of anyone not already in the public eye. It's a really simple rule rule - one of the two 'golden rules' that everyone signed up to. Please do observe it.

Writing in stars is also pointless, if you're writing Capt J**n S***th of *RWF then it's because someone will know who you're talking about, otherwise it's not worth trying. Please don't do it.

Lecture over and your support in keeping the site out of legal difficulties, and my inbox with fewer complaints is appreciated.

whiffler said:
PlasticCabDriver said:
Never invade Russia n the winter.
Like N******n or H****r
Is that Norman and Hagar..........whoops!

never go on e-bay when a little squiffy :roll: :oops: I now possess a green tent, 4 green roll mats and 4 sleeping bags

Surely it's never play cards with someone whose christian name is an American state?

Or is it cavort with a woman whose first name is a precious stone?

I forget which. Now deal me out Minnesota Jones, I have got to go upstairs with Diamond Lil...

Cuddles said:
Surely it's never play cards with someone whose christian name is an American state?

Or is it cavort with a woman whose first name is a precious stone?

I forget which. Now deal me out Minnesota Jones, I have got to go upstairs with Diamond Lil...
And never buy a car from a man whose first name is a state!

TabsOtter said:
Well bl**dy done Sir! No irony intended! - (thanks to my Zugbach post I now know there is an anti-swe*r-word policy on this syte). I, and some others have been very pi**ed orff by the schyte wrytten about some bl**dy g**d officers, lyke MG GW BDS or DM, just because they "did things their way". Jokes are OK. Rumours might be acceptable. Lies and abuse (under cover of annonimity) are the mark of low cowardice.
Sorry Mate - that does not wash...

I described the man as an example of an eccentric! I did not name him - you did! Please do not accuse me of "low cowardice" when it was you that broke persec...!

I cannot recall telling any lies or abuse. I personally witnessed him wearing military riding gear in 6 OFP in the 70's and was told the "fencing" story by the man himself... I have a great amount of time for the guy, who was a good officer. His performance WAS however eccentric, (which was exactly the effect he was trying to achieve). This is what was being reported in the thread.

There is nothing wrong with eccentricity, in fact being slightly off centre myself (although this is for others to judge), I would like to see more of it. Some of my favorite characters did not walk a straight path (not wearing socks, eating all meals with a spoon, random discharging of firearms etc). However if these myths and stories are not circulated, what is the point....?

I am sure the man does not need defending by you or anyone else...
(particularly in such a dangerous and clumsy manner...)

If you give it - take it as well...

(BTW - you have just broken Persec AGAIN by naming him... His first name is not unusual, but his surname is... Arrsehole!)

Poppy said:
never go on e-bay when a little squiffy :roll: :oops: I now possess 4 green roll mats
Handy for Roll Mat fighting though...

Stonker said:
Forks said:
Wait, what's the other golden rule?
Never get separated from your kit: it's the first principle of war.

My Grandad taught me that. :D
Actually, it's the first principle of being around scousers - Kingos here, Kingos there, fcuking Kingos everywhere... la la la la, la la la, la la!

Dear Hell117, I sincerely apologise if you thought it was you I was slagging. I must have posted it against against one of your posts, which is not what I wanted. I have not got the hang of posting properly yet. I was out of order too by including a name, however I did not think of it as a direct reference to a person but to identify my post that had been censored. OK that was daft too. If Good Co sees this "I am sorry Boss. Wont offend again". I was not out to defend any one person who certainly can look after himself. In fact, the equestirian has already let his displeasure with me be known - as you would expect, in a very polite way....but ouch! There were some others who we knew and thought were being slagged off. The last message before Admin got into the act was very abusive but then it was probably posted by a Rupert with a chip. Anyway, I have deleted my post and I apologise again for it landing in your lap.