Names of Hameln nightclubs

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by asr1, Sep 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What was/ is the name of the edge of town nightclub where the bouncers used to fill you in with batons? It was in an industrial estate but I can't remember where...

2. I think it was something like 'Flaunbarn'. If it is the one I thinking about it had flower painted on the outside walls.

The only other nightclubs I can remember were 'Little P's' on Mertens Platz (closed around 1991) and 'Shadows' down stairs from the Queens Bar.

3. Disregard that, spoke to Mrs PWM she said I got the name mixed up with Pflaumen Baum. She can't remember the name either.

4. Shadows was the one up from town near 28. Remember it went out of bounds because of the DM25 to get in and 'all you can drink' cue one fatality when someone fell off the bridge.

I remember the one on the inustrial estate can't think of the name.......

Flaumbown (Plum Tree) was in town near the bus station.

Ah fun times Hameln!

5. Shadows was the one up from town near 28. Remember it went out of bounds because of the DM25 to get in and 'all you can drink' cue one fatality when someone fell off the bridge.

I remember the one on the inustrial estate can't think of the name.......

Flaumbown (Plum Tree) was in town near the bus station.

Ah fun times Hameln!

6. Ah, memories to last a lifetime (albeit not one's that you'd readily tell your grand kids :wink:)

Nothing like stumbling around the Breakfast Bar not too sure what day it was let alone what time, chewing the fat with hollow and bleary-eyed fellas from both Regiments and of all ranks...definitely the best Sapper garrison since Gibraltar in the 1700s :D

7. Does anyone know is the Bathtub is still open?

8. Yes it was 'The Village' opened on my tour in sunny Hameln...... I miss the the place...far too many good nights out. Breakfast bar! Being in town on Saturday morning doing the shopping and bumping into your mates/ and wifeys who are so far gone they do that "alright mate" not realising how drunk they sound...PMSL thinking about that one.

I wonder how the various drinking venues are doing as 35 moved out to Pad B?

9. The village. Thats the one.

10. "Bathtub" is still open
    and "Pflaumenbaum" is now called "Irish Rover"

11. Can anyone remember the name of the bar opposite the church?

12. Which church? Was it the Poopash (or German equiv) ???

13. the pub opposite the church is now called: PAPA HEMMINGWAY
    ... don't know about the old name