Name That Storm

Blimey.
Aberdeenshire.
No one was in it.
_121843994_policevan.jpg

Is that a Stinger on the ground just in front of the rear offside?

Was a bit brutal in Edinburgh last night but seems the east coast and NE England got the worst of it. Son lives in Newcastle and he was heading to work this morning dodging downed trees.

Aquavite

Old-Salt
I live in Northumberland but currently working in Germany. I was informed this morning that a portion of my roof, guttering and soffits are missing, my fence is man down as is 2 trees at the bottom of the garden.
Presently dealing with the insurance company.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I just checked my local weather through the BBC website. "The precipitation has passed."

It's snowing (very light and very wet).

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Here in S Pembs, that bitch Arwen has made off with the roof of my second shed.

I am distraught and have taken to hiding in the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs.

Later, I will begin to save my bodily waste in Mason jars.
Arthur Jackson walt.

I've never really trusted it since they introduced North Utsire and South Utsire. I understood Viking.
I think you will find Viking still exists, to be found to the west of N and S Utsire and East of Faire Isle, according to the Met Office it is named Viking after a sandbank in the N Sea and not the earlier inhabitants of Scandinavia.

The attached document gives a little more information.

Last edited:
It’s a North wind, I doubt if it’s on its way to Norway unless you are really far North.
My bin has been doing laps of the garden at the North side of the house, as the wind seems to swirl round there when it’s blowing from that direction.
OK , you got me there Guv

It was half way to Auchtermuchty really

my recycle bins at the east side of the house were lying on their sides

Quite a breezy night in Bembridge nothing to write home about but I'm a sweatie so used to real weather.

Apart from sunshine.

I think you will find Viking still exists, to be found to the west of N and S Utsire and East of Faire Isle, according to the Met Office it is named Viking after a sandbank in the N Sea and not the earlier inhabitants of Scandinavia.

The attached document gives a little more information.

Yes, Viking still exists - but without the bits that are now N and S Utsire.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Thanks to Storm Arwen, my wheelie bin has to go on a speed awareness course next week

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just watching the news, Storm Arwen is not all doom and gloom.

Apparently a reality show about getting celebrities out of somewhere has had to be cancelled for a second night.

(Over) 100,000 homes* still without power, many of whom must be rather cold. Worst damage to overhead power lines since 2020 2005.

*155,000 when I last looked.

Last edited:

Latest Threads