Name That Storm

page-7-2.jpg

The French are first out of the blocks this autumn with Storm Alex. Alex is forecast to follow a path across Ireland, Wales and western England on Thursday before moving over northwestern France Thursday night. Wind gusts of 40 to 50 mph and a inch or two of rain are possible.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
page-7-2.jpg

The French are first out of the blocks this autumn with Storm Alex. Alex is forecast to follow a path across Ireland, Wales and western England on Thursday before moving over northwestern France Thursday night. Wind gusts of 40 to 50 mph and a inch or two of rain are possible.
Are those rounds of rain 7.62mm?

Hey, hier kommt Alex!
Vorhang auf für seine Horrorschau
Hey, hier kommt Alex!
Vorhang auf für ein kleines bisschen Horrorschau

Come on, I can’t be the only one who has this as earworm now.

In normal times we head off to the South East of France at this time of year, thank goodness we are not there this year as they have been hammered and also over the border in Italy. A friend, who has a rather large pad and garden, lost a couple of hundred square meters of his garden.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
In normal times we head off to the South East of France at this time of year, thank goodness we are not there this year as they have been hammered and also over the border in Italy. A friend, who has a rather large pad and garden, lost a couple of hundred square meters of his garden.

I blame Brexit.

Giant Eucalyptus Tree near us cam crashing down about 23.00 last night. Blocked a three way junction. Thirty minutes later a team of five council workers turned up with two trucks and five chain saws

Chain saws going till about 01.30 this morning.
20201227_105905.jpg
20201227_110130.jpg

Giant Eucalyptus Tree near us cam crashing down about 23.00 last night. Blocked a three way junction. Thirty minutes later a team of five council workers turned up with two trucks and five chain saws

Chain saws going till about 01.30 this morning.View attachment 533122View attachment 533124
Have you grabbed some for smoking meat or fish next year when it has dried a bit? I've never tried eucalyptus smoked food admittedly.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Who pays the bill for cleaning up?
The Council foot the bill for removing it from the road as it is a public highway. But every bit of it is now on the house owners property so it is his responsibility to get it moved from there.

Where's that.
I want logs for my fire. Eucalyptus burns extremely well
North Wales. I think the house owner would be very happy for people to come along and take as much as they want. Because he is going to have to pay for it to be removed.

Last edited:
Storm Filomena.
No, this isn't Finland it's Madrid
1610189806482.png

80cm of snow causing havoc in Madrid with the airport closed, public transport including the Metro closed.
10 Regions on red alert with even our province, Alicante, getting snow fairly low down.
-12 in Madrid but the Catalan Pyrenees going down to a record -34C on Thursday night.

The army has been asked for help in Madrid where hundreds of cars were stranded overnight.
1610190010071.png

Even here on the sunny Costas we have had daytime highs of 8C with 2C at night with high winds and rain. Bit of sleet yesterday evening as well. Lots of the Costas from Gib up to Alicante have seen flooding.
This is the Costa del Sol yesterday where a fifth of the annual rainfall fell in one day.
1610190209378.png

Winds and rain have died down here on the Costa Blanca and up to 10C when I went out this morning. Still black skies surrounding us though and snow on the mountains in the distance.

Storm Filomena.
No, this isn't Finland it's Madrid
View attachment 537595

80cm of snow causing havoc in Madrid with the airport closed, public transport including the Metro closed.
10 Regions on red alert with even our province, Alicante, getting snow fairly low down.
-12 in Madrid but the Catalan Pyrenees going down to a record -34C on Thursday night.

The army has been asked for help in Madrid where hundreds of cars were stranded overnight.
View attachment 537596

Even here on the sunny Costas we have had daytime highs of 8C with 2C at night with high winds and rain. Bit of sleet yesterday evening as well. Lots of the Costas from Gib up to Alicante have seen flooding.
This is the Costa del Sol yesterday where a fifth of the annual rainfall fell in one day.
View attachment 537597

Winds and rain have died down here on the Costa Blanca and up to 10C when I went out this morning. Still black skies surrounding us though and snow on the mountains in the distance.

Has anyone blamed Boris yet?

Latest Threads