Name That Storm

TamH70

MIA
Good old BBC and their pronunciation section, I have only ever heard it pronounced Whoregay.
No, that would be pronounced "Graham Norton". FOC, old bean.

Beyond a fecking joke this storm naming - Jorge? Jeezus.
Hang on. Who named this feckin' storm? The British and Irish J name this year is Jan. And we've yet to have a Francis, Gerda, Hugh and Iris.

OK it was the D*g*es apparently.

Anyway those of us not fated to die by Corona Virus will apparently drown this weekend.

Hang on. Who named this feckin' storm? The British and Irish J name this year is Jan. And we've yet to have a Francis, Gerda, Hugh and Iris.

OK it was the D*g*es apparently.

Anyway those of us not fated to die by Corona Virus will apparently drown this weekend.

Norfolk is clear.
The only county where the locals have six fingers and webbed feet is staying dry.

You couldn't make it up.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Norfolk is clear.
The only county where the locals have six fingers and webbed feet is staying dry.

You couldn't make it up.
The all important thing is that London is going to be dry apparently and that means no government department will have to worry about anyone getting wet but I wonder if Khan will be happy about London being coloured white on the Met Office map.

The all important thing is that London is going to be dry apparently and that means no government department will have to worry about anyone getting wet but I wonder if Khan will be happy about London being coloured white on the Met Office map.
It'll be a bugger to find Londoners if London floods, all that chocolate coloured water flowing through.....

Good old BBC and their pronunciation section, I have only ever heard it pronounced Whoregay.
Hours of fun today, as various presenters tie themselves in knots trying to get the pronunciation correct. What a crock of shit - bring back Michael Fish and his laid back denials! :grin:

Hours of fun today, as various presenters tie themselves in knots trying to get the pronunciation correct. What a crock of shit - bring back Michael Fish and his laid back denials! :grin:
I noticed the BBC had started to use the correct pronunciation this morning.

I noticed the BBC had started to use the correct pronunciation this morning.
Somebody will fcuk it up today, even deliberately to look ‘edgy’, when in reality they just look stupid. A bit like those right on Presenters and Politicians who thought it hilarious to say Jeremy Cnut instead of Hunt*.

*Mind you, I do that whenever his name is mentioned on the radio, which isn’t as often nowadays since Boris relegated him to the back benches.

Whorehay is dumping a big white load in my garden at the moment.
:oops:
Also a popular pastime with a few ARRSE-ers I'd have thought.
Anyhow....lovely clear blue windless sky here at the moment...for the moment...so I'm into the garden sweeping up shyte. Must make a Spring start chaps. One lives in hope.

Latest Threads