Name That Storm

Posted by my son an hour ago outside Newcastle

View attachment 451841
Nearly into March and I don’t think we’ve seen a single proper snowflake* this winter in this part of the world (Wiltshire). I wonder if we are due another ‘Beast from the East’?

*Plenty of the human form of snowflake around though!

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Posted by my son an hour ago outside Newcastle

View attachment 451841
Snow Walt.

Nothing in the deep South ie Jnc 8 M25.
Can the South sue The North East for always getting the snow?

Storm Arrse - Talked about for ages, lots of hype then turns out to be a little rain, but some say it was worst in 100 years, some say it was as bad as 58 and others say nothing happened.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like Shrewsbury is going to get the highest peak levels ever recorded, looks like the town could really get cut off if it keeps raining

Glad I'm not travelling over there for once
Coracles at the ready folks!

Before present recording started, they were regular winter transport around lowlying parts of Shrewsbury, Wrexham and that part of Cheshire.

Up to the 1980s the Worthenbury postmistress used one regularly too get from the post office into the village. I blame climate change that all this has been forgotten.

Yours,
D Bellamy

I've just driven over the Heads of the Valleys, the ground is already saturated and you can see the water just running straight off the mountain sides. Little mini waterfalls and small streams where it is usually sheep and pony tracks. I can see villages downstream getting a bit soggy again in the next day or two.

I've just driven over the Heads of the Valleys, the ground is already saturated and you can see the water just running straight off the mountain sides. Little mini waterfalls and small streams where it is usually sheep and pony tracks. I can see villages downstream getting a bit soggy again in the next day or two.
Didn't last weekends rain cause a landslip on the road-widening scheme?

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Shrewsbury not hit so bad since the early 80's & more built up since then.
Always worked on the belief of being at the top of the hill and.or at least a mile from any river/water course!

Shrewsbury not hit so bad since the early 80's & more built up since then.
Always worked on the belief of being at the top of the hill and.or at least a mile from any river/water course!
I'm 200 metres away from the river, but I'm also 100 metres above it.
If I flood you can kiss goodbye to most of South Wales.

Satellite view of the Sandstorm over the Canary Islands yesterday.

I'm 200 metres away from the river, but I'm also 100 metres above it.
If I flood you can kiss goodbye to most of South Wales.
So not all bad then, every cloud and all that....